Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking to plow snow and want to know from the tire experts what tire is best to plow snow with. Here is the kicker. I also want a nice smooth ride for summer months. I will be trying to avoid mud when possible. Summer conditions are dirt to gravel to occasional mud to tar road. No sand or rock crawling.

** EDIT ** I am liking the Tusk Terrabite but I am a little worried how they will perform in snow.

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
Your not going to find a tire that is great in all conditions. Snow and Ice are not like anything else a good winter tire will not last in the summer because to be great in snow and ice they have to be soft and will wear fast in the summer!

Reactions: 3TV and Trapper

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I thought the tires that came on my 2016 blue were good year around. I plowed snow a 300' drive most of last year and rode the sand trails all Summer. I live in northern Michigan. Maybe they were not the perfect tire but after spending $25,000 I wanted to get some use out of my tires.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had Big Horns on our last machine which was used for snowplowing and thought that they worked very well. When it comes time to change tires on the General I will probably put the Big Horns (not 2.0) on it. I really like this tire.

·
Read Only
1,001 Posts
I had Big Horns on our last machine which was used for snowplowing and thought that they worked very well. When it comes time to change tires on the General I will probably put the Big Horns (not 2.0) on it. I really like this tire.
I bought a set of 29" big horns about 6 weeks ago for my General but I am yet to have them put on:smile2:

·
Registered
67 Posts
plowing snow will chew up your tires especially if you are plowing on concrete. Just stick with the oem tires until they wear out which will be fast. I use my yamaha grizzly to plow, i have dirt devils and they are about toast after a few years of mostly plowing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts