Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone posted a new snorkel kit the other day. It came out in the center and looked really nice. Now I can't find the thread.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

No that's not it. Looks good though. This one had all 4 tubes in the center, right over the console. It had a cover with the company logo cut in it. I want to say "PRT" but I don't think that is right. I remember someone even asking if it would work with a back windshield.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok.... Never mind.... It was on the Facebook page. It's a kit by PATV. They are releasing them Monday.

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
You got me...why would you need to snorkel a General?

The combustion air intake and the CVT cooling air intakes are under the hood, high up out of the way.

The secondary CVT cooling air intake is just behind the driver's door. Just got a MountainFitHoods.net screen for that intake. Appears to be made of Frogzskin which is just dang near waterproof and dust proof, yet lets plenty of air though.

Help me understand the need for snorkels.

Thanks,

Pirate

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
I know I don't need a snorkel on mine don't plan on getting that deep. and thanks Pirate just for the times when splash or rain may catch us I also ordered the MountainFitHoods.com screen for mine also all the protection mine will need !

·
Registered
219 Posts
Well I have only owned a handful of rigs that where snorkeled. They were all the way mud bikes. I have also ruined two of my nicer rigs because I dropped into what looked like there was not much mud and before I knew it was sank up past my cvt intake. That was in my younger days. I now never plan to submerge my rig or test its limits in water but down here in the south a trip down a high line could mean some muddy conditions, a trip on your deer lease isn't always a dry ride and certainly Atv parks in this area are 90% mudding parks. I do love to go ride around and watch those rigs do their thing and stay through the easier stuff but every now and again when I've had plenty of liquid courage I'll dip off in something I shouldn't. I haven't decided if I will or will not snorkel yet but I do want to see my options of snorkel kits. I know some will say snorkeling your rig is dumb and you ruin the warranty and all your doing is ruining the machine but I say to each their own. Also in my honest opinion Polaris warranty was a joke with my 800 ranger. I'm not gonna run stock tires on my general so if a warranty adjuster is gonna show up and say no just because of tires then I say keep your money and do what you want to the rig. I'll find out in 6 months what problems my general has and have the dealer fix them from there.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm not a mud guy. I will play in it alittle but not swamp stuff. For me it's for crossing streams and that moment you find out that mud puddle from last week is now 3 feet deep. Also it's a big advantage in getting less dust in you intake. That's why you see all those rovers in the Sahara with snorkels. The higher up you go the less ingestion you will get. A snorkel is not on my priority list but it's on there.

Reactions: Trapper

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm running the highlifter snorkel kit its clean looking but the fitmen on the exhaust side of the clutches are poor . Contacted highlifter about it but yet not received any response

·
Registered
201 Posts
Snorkel with rear glass

I am thinking about snorkeling mine as well, more for those "What if" times when a creek crossing gets a little deeper and I want to keep that belt dry and water out of the intake. Are you guys that have them and the rear glass doing cut outs in the rear glass or facing them the other directions? Thought about the plexi rear and cutting out ports for each one to go out.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I am thinking about snorkeling mine as well, more for those "What if" times when a creek crossing gets a little deeper and I want to keep that belt dry and water out of the intake. Are you guys that have them and the rear glass doing cut outs in the rear glass or facing them the other directions? Thought about the plexi rear and cutting out ports for each one to go out.
That's my concern too..how they would fit with a back windshield

·
Registered
7 Posts
That's my concern too..how they would fit with a back windshield
This is also my concern with snorkeling a General.

I want to be able to enclose the cab for Michigan winters, but also want a snorkel "just in case" I already have a truck sitting in storage with a bad engine from one little splash over the headlight.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The trouble with snorkels is pipe size and restrict air flow. some times you do more harm than good.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This one had all 4 tubes in the center, right over the console. It had a cover with the company logo cut in it. I want to say "PRT" but I don't think that is right

1 - 18 of 18 Posts