Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After about 60hrs it has a consistent rattle coming from up front. Asked a local shop the guy is spot on and I trust he said that’s a Polaris deal they will all do that. Took it for second service and the dealer said the exact same thing... So something wears and a noise starts wonder how many they would sell if it did that when you pick it up?? First Polaris and I am looking forward to testing the Yamaha 1000 4 place. My old wolverine required less work and noise in 3 years of hard riding compared to 60 hours on the XP...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Does anyone have the part # for the Hilman springs?

·
Registered
58 Posts
After about 60hrs it has a consistent rattle coming from up front. Asked a local shop the guy is spot on and I trust he said that’s a Polaris deal they will all do that. Took it for second service and the dealer said the exact same thing... So something wears and a noise starts wonder how many they would sell if it did that when you pick it up?? First Polaris and I am looking forward to testing the Yamaha 1000 4 place. My old wolverine required less work and noise in 3 years of hard riding compared to 60 hours on the XP...
Hope you find the problem and hope you find something to ride your happy with.. good luck on your journey!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I chased a rattle I thought was in my front end for about 2 months..... every time I’d hit a bump or a washboard, it was literally driving me crazy...when I took the general in for its first service i had them look for the rattle but they were unsuccessful and said there was no rattle. I ended up finding the rattle on a recent hunting trip, turns out it was the plastic molding that sits under the steering wheel tilt assembly. Every once in awhile j have to take that plastic and bend it down so it wont shake and hit the steering column. This may not be the same issue your having but its definitely worth a look.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I chased a rattle I thought was in my front end for about 2 months..... every time I’d hit a bump or a washboard, it was literally driving me crazy...when I took the general in for its first service i had them look for the rattle but they were unsuccessful and said there was no rattle. I ended up finding the rattle on a recent hunting trip, turns out it was the plastic molding that sits under the steering wheel tilt assembly. Every once in awhile j have to take that plastic and bend it down so it wont shake and hit the steering column. This may not be the same issue your having but its definitely worth a look.
Thanks will do

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks Pirate

·
Registered
3 Posts
Rattles can be hard to track down. Had one develop that I swore was in the tranny. Turned out to be a roof bracket. The brake noise drove me crazy. Found a different fix than the springs. Just a couple of thin shims in brake pad hole. Super easy and no more noise. Doors can rattle. Adjustment of the striker fixed that. Now all is quiet!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts