Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2020 General XP 4 seater
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is everyone buying their Factory UTV skid plates at? Is there a forum discount? The shipping is killer on these!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Ordered my Trail Armor skid plate and UHMW A-Arm guards. Skid in black and A-Arms in Orange. Will let you now how it goes.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Got my Trail Armor skid plate, front and rear A-Arms on. All 1/2" UHMW. Very nice fit. Only real issue I had was on the front bumper. The skid actually goes between wraps up the front and goes between the front bumper and the Generals frame. If you have the upper brush guard accessory from Polaris, the skid plate tilts the brush guard tighter against the hood (which was already tight). It makes it impossible remove and install the hood. The remedy is to place a few large washers between the upper bumper mount and the frame. This works well.

I put 63 miles on WV trails of all sorts, and felt very confident with the skid. Not too hard to clean up after. Front A-Arm guards were clean because they are fairly shallow. Rear's had some mud and leaves. I may cut a hole in the middle of the rear A-Arms.

Overall very happy with my second Trail Armor protection system. They come in various colors to match your ride. I chose the black skid and Orange A-Arms guards to go with the Deluxe color scheme. Enjoy the pics.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
I'm Thinking After the upper door thing is out of the way that there is this grizley in Alaska that will maybe be doing some A-arm Guards or at least we can hope! We can always hope! >:)

Reactions: Steve Leavenworth

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have the 1/2" Factory UTV Ultimate kit and like the 3pc design. Haven't had a chance to get it installed but I am impressed with the craftsmanship. The A-arm guards and rock sliders are constructed just as well as the main guards for the underside. Hope it fits as good as it looks.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm getting ready to order the skids from Trail Armor. I'm torn between the trimmed or standard. I don't have sliders on right now, and it looks like this could work as a low profile slider. I don't like that it doesn't seem to cover the entire Polaris emblem though and looks like it may be a collection point for mud and sand. Thinking trimmed looks better and will still offer good frame protection underneath against boulders and such. Most of the other sliders seem more like nerf bars and stick out too far, in my opinion. Probably good function against rocks, but seems like they would get hung up, trip people getting in, and haven't found a set that I am crazy about the look yet. Possibly the Vendetta's, but need to see them in black mounted.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts