Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here’s a simple license plate bracket for the General. I’m sure it’s not an original idea. I wanted an easy and sturdy solution, nothing mounted on the rear window, obtrusively on the bodywork, muffler or wherever it would look like it didn’t belong. No bling, lights or fanfare.

This one is made from a flat piece of 1/8” scrap aluminum from a retired road sign. It’s mounted using the large bolt that’s underneath each lower rear corner of the bed. It can be mounted on either left or right side, or you could mount a second one opposite for stickers or whatever. It doesn’t interfere with the bed or tailgate, is high enough to be out of the way and is quite secure. (You could Loctite the bolt if you like.)

You can easily modify the size of the bracket for other plate sizes if necessary. The dimensions in the drawing are what I used for the plate I have (Idaho). The main bolt hole is 5/16” or 3/8” and the smaller plate bolt holes are your choice for whatever hardware you want to use. It’s easy to make a carboard template to see if it will work for you.

Post your own favorite here if you have one you've made. Good luck and take care. - Mark
PB1.jpg PB2.jpg PB3.jpg BrktPic.jpg

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
In AZ it has to have a light too.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Hmmm, I thought I was the only person using stainless button heads for license plate bolts. ;)
I see you didn't get your "plate reissue date" sticker either. It's been a big topic of discussion amongst our ATV/UTV club members recently.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts