Polaris General Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Great idea and cool helmet. I wish we had a Menard's here. Looked a little online for this size and could not find any. Have to check out one of the carpet places or HD / Lowes.

·
Registered
218 Posts
not sure there is anyway to score that!! you have to take a pic of you setting in the general with the helmet on. wife and I love star wars, that is wicked cool!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Haha! I figured. I was just teasing.
I don't make them to sell, but maybe at some point? I think it's more of a labor of love since it's so time-consuming. :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
I performed a crude imitation of your carpet square floor mats this evening, $6 at Menards, a cold IPA in the garage, and Walla! Hoping the little slots in the carpet above the floor plugs helps to hold everything in place (the carpet, and the plugs from rotating). Tomorrow morning we're going to run the Emily-Outing trail and the Moose River trail, that'll be a good first test for these!
*The plug on the passenger side was a big jiggly, I added a little electrical tape to the cam-lock area on both plugs, that snugged them up nicely.

Cheers 🍺!

·
Registered
274 Posts
I really like the idea of these floor mats and I may try them some day. It's just that we ride in so much mud and water around here that I'm afraid they will stay so messed up I'll just be hauling them in the bed most of the time.

Going to Silverton, CO for a week next summer. They might come in handy there because I don't recall riding in mud the last time we were there and rode Alpine Loop, etc.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I think you're exactly right. If you're in wet & muddy conditions, they'd probably be a bigger hassle than anything. I ride tarmac, dirt roads, and gravel trails mostly. I rarely even hit a puddle. lol!
They do look nice and help with the cab noise (not to mention the dust. Oh man, the dust!) if you're in my conditions.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I performed a crude imitation of your carpet square floor mats this evening, $6 at Menards, a cold IPA in the garage, and Walla! Hoping the little slots in the carpet above the floor plugs helps to hold everything in place (the carpet, and the plugs from rotating). Tomorrow morning we're going to run the Emily-Outing trail and the Moose River trail, that'll be a good first test for these!
*The plug on the passenger side was a big jiggly, I added a little electrical tape to the cam-lock area on both plugs, that snugged them up nicely.
View attachment 66908

Cheers 🍺!
How do you like the bag in the center seat void area? Just curious since I know I'll get water in footwell.. is it waterproof?

·
Registered
67 Posts
How do you like the bag in the center seat void area? Just curious since I know I'll get water in footwell.. is it waterproof?
I like it, it makes that area useful for storing miscellaneous items. It's not as easy to get things from as the counsel or the glove box, but it works as another storage area. Waterproof, I'd say no. It does have nice rubber sealed zippers, so with a little water repellent spray it'd probably be water resistant.
I thought that one would be cool with the phone pouches on the sides of it- nope, never use them... So would get one that just has smooth sides.

As for mud and water on the floor mats, tested that out yesterday! Yeah they got wet, but oh well they lift out easy enough (y)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Do you happen to have a link to the floor mat you purchased?
Definitely nothing fancy, but I bought these. They had some that were felt back and some that had more of a rubber back (I bought the rubber backed ones). With a sharp utility knife they cut nicely to fit.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Yep, those are the same ones I bought. They have that super stiff rubber back so they don't curl.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts