Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Radio installed in dash cubby, and speakers mounted behind seats. Wasn't enough so built a 4 speaker box and mounted over head with 4 carriage bolts. It's very loud but I ordered a 4 channel amp which has yet to be installed.

Attachments

·
Read Only
1,001 Posts
Here's a few things I've done to mine. EMP front and rear windshields, added rubber molding all the way around both for vibration reduction and wind/ water seepage. Also tinted top of front, and full rear shield to 5%.
Where did you get the 01? do they come in different colors? :smile2:I would like to put one on my deluxe

·
Registered
408 Posts
Nice work!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow. Nice job. Do you have any issues with going thru the roof? Is it sturdy enough for your box? I gotta believe that set up would way out class the stock sound bar.
I replied to the other post ,it plenty sturdy. And sounds great , the antenna isn't the best but blue tooth kicks ass. Here's a pic of the amp, which is marine grade.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey Silver, sorry about the double post. I'm going to follow your lead and build my own. Does that Kenwood drive he 6.5s well enough? Did you silicone the roof bolts? Thanks for the ideas!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
What kind of head unit is that? Does it need a separate amp? Speakers look nice.
Came from eBay, no it doesn't have to have an amp I just wanted better sound. It has a lot more volume now and does sound really good.

Hey Silver, sorry about the double post. I'm going to follow your lead and build my own. Does that Kenwood drive he 6.5s well enough? Did you silicone the roof bolts? Thanks for the ideas!
I didn't silicone, I just made the hole small enough the carriage bolts made a tight seal. The amp is a 400 watt . It drives them plenty, they push great.

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Made a flip up hard/ soft tonneau cover out of osb and an old soft cover I had. Used 6" long carriage bolts through the bed holes in 4 places and cut out large washers to hold underneath.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 79 Posts