Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a couple of you guys have installed the Seizmik upper doors 06017 model number. I actually just ordered a set of these and am waiting on delivery but if I have to hack things up they are going right back without even opening them and will go a different route. For those of you that have installed them could you please post pictures of what additional cutting had to take place outside if the instructions and video that I have watched on the install.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You do have to cut holes in the top edge of the door. It wasn't a big deal just don't be in a hurry and it won't looked hacked. It's worth it. These upper doors are very quick an easy to install and remove.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no problem drilling the hole required that the install video shows but from what I have read in other post it sounds like guys had to go beyond that, I just don’t want to cut things up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just make sure you're getting the V2 of the uppers. I found a video on YouTube of an installer dealing with the earlier version and being VERY frustrated. The second version mounts much simpler and shouldn't be much of an issue. Door uppers by anyone usually have to be tweaked a bit when they're first installed. I plan to get them eventually for my machine. Good luck. - Mark

·
Super Moderator
4,165 Posts
Agreed well worth the time. I myself went with the polaris uppers just liked the looks better you wont regret them. take your time dont hurry not sure about seizmik but polaris comes with a small rubber plug that goes in hole when uppers are off

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the latest version of the Seizimk upper doors and only had to cut holes in in the upper door edge.
Great I fully expected to have to drill the hole for the rods but not have to hack up the inner panel that someone posted on a different thread......BTY my uppers arrived yesterday.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts