Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an email from Mat at SBC updating on the progress of my rear cargo/tire rack. I gave him a tight time frame to work with and it sounds like they are going to have my rack to me before we leave for CO. He also assured me that the Polaris bed extender will work with the rack if it's put together on the ground and set on the bed as one unit. Can't wait to get it on, post pics and head to CO.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Has anybody ordered the SBC rear cargo rack/tire carrier, $585? Did it come as a kit to be assembled or one big unit?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have it as well as his tree kickers. It comes disassembled in 4 main pieces and is a bit of a PITA to put together but once you have it together it's a great product.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's great to here. Mine should be here tomorrow. Does it came with tire mounting hardware?

·
Registered
26 Posts
knd,

Yes it comes with a basic tire mounting bolts (long all threads and nuts) and as mentioned above, it does require assembly, but it wasn't that hard, kind of tricky and may need some clamps to pull it together to get bolts in, but went together nicely.

I have sense made a nicer tire mount using a couple of wheel spacers and a couple of urethane spacers that I like better than just bolting down with the 2 bolts.

We love the rack and the sliders, the only downside (not really) is my wife finds it a little hard to lift the tire up and down as the gas shocks definitely keep the rack down and up good.

JnC

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great info. I was wondering how the tire rack stayed down. Must be some strong dampners.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yea. The all thread they send for a tire mount is pretty basic but at least he sends 12mm x 1.5 so it works with the same nuts you use on your other wheels. I too made a better mount.

It does take some heft to raise the spare but it never pops up on the trail and if you forget to put it down it will come down on its own first big bump you hit. I seem to forget it a lot.

Also the Polaris lock and ride box will work with this rack. Makes a nice combo.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got the rack kit today. It wasn't to hard to assemble once I broke out the C-clamp to help force parts together. It's definitely not going to rattle apart. 8 of the bolts should have been 1/8" longer. Just used loctite to take care of that issue. It seems to be well made. I was able to get the Polaris bed extender to mount with the rack. Did have to take 1 side of the extender off to help with the install. The rack and extender have to lifted and mounted as 1 unit. Over all I'm happy with it.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Absolutely will do that. All I have left to do is get some side mirrors that work with my Polaris tip out windshield. Looking like Maverick will work. If u order SBC rack and plan on getting fuel tanks. Get the 1 gallon tanks. It has 2 spots up top that will work great. I got 1, 2 gallon tank and it won't fit up top. Had to mount it on the bottom. Also the lower cross bar is 13" above the bed. I usually mount my cooler inside the bed extender but my cooler is to tall. The rack comes with 2 keyed lug nuts, which is a great idea. Will update this thread after after my CO trip.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
I went with the Assault Industries B2 Bomber mirrors, kinda spendy but awesome mirrors and work great with the Polaris tip out windshield, plus the orange trim on them look pretty **** good.

JnC

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am thinking about purchasing this rack for my 2018ride command. Will it work with lock and ride storage box?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just got back from Silverton. The rack held up great. Only issue I had was driving around town and not being able to see behind me. I finally just left the tire up when town.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Send them an email telling them to either respond or you are going to dispute the CC charges. No business wants that as it costs them money and flags their account. If they get too many, their rates go up.

That said, they have horrible customer service. I ordered Rock Sliders in over Thanksgiving with a supposed shipping date before Christmas. I wanted to be able to install them when I was off between Christmas and New Years. Nope. And no response to my emails. Finally sent one that told them to cancel my order. Got a shipping confirmation the next day. Maybe I got someone else's, who knows. But try to hit them up on FB.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well, I got a reply to my google review and my Facebook posts that they would call me this morning. Well, this morning came and went. I DID, however, get a tracking number. I am hoping my windshield comes in and is great. If quality is good, I hope they can get the customer service piece correct. Would be a shame to see good product go away because of that.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Well, I got a reply to my google review and my Facebook posts that they would call me this morning. Well, this morning came and went. I DID, however, get a tracking number. I am hoping my windshield comes in and is great. If quality is good, I hope they can get the customer service piece correct. Would be a shame to see good product go away because of that.
Sometimes it seems a bat to the face is what it takes to get through to them.

I am working with a local guy who builds very nice sliders for RZR's. This winter I am going to take my machine to him and he is going to work on building a jig for sliders similar to the SBC and Vendetta ones. He can also powdercoat in house so hopefully be spring there will be a new player. And he is 100% focused on CS.

Reactions: northwoods general
1 - 19 of 19 Posts