Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2019 General 4 1000 RC
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone purchased anything from Side By Customs in Utah lately? My wife bought a roof rack and rock sliders for me for Christmas but after 8 weeks, nothing. After the typ 4 week build time they quote I started contacting them for updates...No returned calls or emails. Thanks,

·
Registered
2021 General 4
12 Posts
Has anyone purchased anything from Side By Customs in Utah lately? My wife bought a roof rack and rock sliders for me for Christmas but after 8 weeks, nothing. After the typ 4 week build time they quote I started contacting them for updates...No returned calls or emails. Thanks,
I purchased a front and rear windshield from them back in October, everything shipped in three weeks. I am not happy with the fit or quality of these things for paying the price I paid. I did get ahold of them but it took awhile but I got the excuse from them that they were out of town working. I never got my issues resolved with them and ended modifying their stuff to fit. The Wife said we will never do business with them again and I will never recommend them to anyone. Good luck in your endeavor, I’ve seen posts on here with guys having similar issues.

·
Registered
2021 XP 1000 4 Deluxe
169 Posts
Ordered my Rock Sliders on Black Friday got them in a few weeks ago. They are still in the box as my General isn't here yet. I found using there messaging on there page worked but took about a day for an answer. Hopefully they fit well I love the look of them.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Send them an email asking to cancel and refund. They will ship the next day. 😂

Or search for Brady Munns on FB. He is the owner.

·
Registered
2019 General 4 1000 RC
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Send them an email asking to cancel and refund. They will ship the next day. 😂

Or search for Brady Munns on FB. He is the owner.
Funny enough, when I sent my second email today to that effect, I got a call. In their defense, they are really busy and I can understand what its like to be short handed. I wanted my rack and sliders more than a refund!:D Sounds like they are ready to ship and will be on the way soon.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I purchased a front and rear windshield from them back in October, everything shipped in three weeks. I am not happy with the fit or quality of these things for paying the price I paid. I did get ahold of them but it took awhile but I got the excuse from them that they were out of town working. I never got my issues resolved with them and ended modifying their stuff to fit. The Wife said we will never do business with them again and I will never recommend them to anyone. Good luck in your endeavor, I’ve seen posts on here with guys having similar issues.
Great! AFTER I just placed an order this morning for the exact same things (front & rear windows), I read this post. Could you enlighten me with details of the problem? Should I cancel my order & go w/ another manufacturer?

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Funny enough, when I sent my second email today to that effect, I got a call. In their defense, they are really busy and I can understand what its like to be short handed. I wanted my rack and sliders more than a refund!:D Sounds like they are ready to ship and will be on the way soon.
Not a valid excuse. Anyone no matter how busy can respond to emails to those who are paying you. It's more important to let your customers know what is going on than to ship a day earlier. Look at what has happened as a result, @johnielake is wondering what to do WRT his order and might cancel. If the time had been taken to answer @Drewneg email in the first place, this thread would probably not exist.

Reactions: jestedsniper

·
Registered
2019 General 4 1000 RC
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not a valid excuse. Anyone no matter how busy can respond to emails to those who are paying you. It's more important to let your customers know what is going on than to ship a day earlier. Look at what has happened as a result, @johnielake is wondering what to do WRT his order and might cancel. If the time had been taken to answer @Drewneg email in the first place, this thread would probably not exist.
Herdfan - I agree with you 100%. I shared my story in an effort to see if anyone else had the same issues. But I agree its not the best way to treat customers or run a business.

Johnielake - I did get a call back once I sent a secondary email noting I was canceling the order and disputing the charges (they charged my card mid Nov when I placed the order). My main concern was perhaps they had gone out of business because I left 5-6 voicemails over 2.5 weeks and until I threatened to cancel, did not receive any responses or updates. I am excited to get my rack and sliders as it appears they produce a nice product. I cant speak to fit an finish of a windshield noted above.

·
Registered
8 Posts
All of their products looks of exceptional quality. I am giving them the benefit of the doubt as I too have sent numerous text to their "let's chat" on the bottom of the product page w/ no reply, actually sending an e-mail stating that I hope they're still in business because I'm not interested in any of their competitors products, leaving my phone #. They called me back & said he responded each & every time. I'm believing technical issues are to blame for that.... I'm hoping there will be no installation problems.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
All of their products looks of exceptional quality.
All I can speak about is their sliders, and they are stout. They are very well built and will protect the side of your machine from rocks, trees and just about anything else you want to hit with them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
All I can speak about is their sliders, and they are stout. They are very well built and will protect the side of your machine from rocks, trees and just about anything else you want to hit with them.
Appreciate the reply. When I picked up my 2021 XP 4 FCE, I bought some of popo Extreme Sliders along w/ roof liner & the Razorback Expedition bed Rack. Also ordered that set of windows from SBC. Fingers crossed. Lol. As budget allows, I'm looking at full cab enclosure, clutch kit & Shock Therapy amongst other little goodies.

·
Registered
2019 General 4 1000 RC
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I did get all my products over the past 2 weeks; so they did come through. Quality seems great although I have not installed them yet. Will post some pics when I'm done...

·
Registered
2021 G4 Deluxe
1 Posts
I did get all my products over the past 2 weeks; so they did come through. Quality seems great although I have not installed them yet. Will post some pics when I'm done...
[/QUOTE

Any updateds on the fit and finish? i ordered this two weeks ago really hoping it will be sent out at 3 weeks like stated on there website.]

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Just my opinion, if you haven't installed them yet, order a set of J-bolts from Hauser racing. Much easier to use than the SBC method.

·
Registered
2018 Polaris General 1000 Ride Comand
216 Posts
Thinking of buying their windshield, but has the quality gotten better? I see they don't offer free shipping.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I have the front and rear windows from side by customs and do like them the rear fit spot on and sealed up great (8 on a scale 1-10) the front did take some messing around to get sealed up, I have it done to just a drip or two (7 on the same scale).

Now the bad they sent them without instructions and it took me around a week to finally get ahold of them, they did finally emailed them to me.

I just ordered a set of rockslides for my G2 under the current promotion and I save 70$. My Polaris low profile slides have been good but it is time for a upgrade. If someone is close to Ohio and wants them (Polaris slides) for 70$ they are yours…

·
Registered
2017 General 4
316 Posts
Any tips on getting the old Polaris Rock sliders/Tree Kickers back off? I know they use those expanded bolts but don't remember what size socket. Plus they have been on my machine for 4 years and took a beating. Lol.

Figured out it's a 13mm socket and i forgot about the rubber plug inserts. Finally got a flash light and used a screwdriver to remove the plugs.

·
Registered
2018 Polaris General 1000 Ride Comand
216 Posts
I have the front and rear windows from side by customs and do like them the rear fit spot on and sealed up great (8 on a scale 1-10) the front did take some messing around to get sealed up, I have it done to just a drip or two (7 on the same scale).

Now the bad they sent them without instructions and it took me around a week to finally get ahold of them, they did finally emailed them to me.
I already have a sliding Ryfab back glass. One thing I dont like is it shares the ROP mount where I have mirrors and cube lights already.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts