Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Northern Michigan as well. After tracking at night realized my general needs a rear light parts sitting in shop have to wait till after hunting season. Have bigger ones out there just won’t come to visit in the light. Good luck to all!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 General XP 4 ride command super graphite
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For sure JB my rear light is priceless. Love it going g thru the woods with the 2 big lights up front on. Then flipping the other switch to turn the back on for the gut job and to load him up.

·
Registered
187 Posts
For sure JB my rear light is priceless. Love it going g thru the woods with the 2 big lights up front on. Then flipping the other switch to turn the back on for the gut job and to load him up.
Where in norther Michigan do you hunt I’m in the cedar area have ten acres home grown deer it’s so much fun have a 6 year son hoping next year he can shoot the crossbow took him out last year and shot nerf guns at some does 😂

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am just west of Leota. Have a 80 acre farm that has been in the family for over 100 years. I have a 3 year old that is all about being outdoors. He already helps me scout and watches the deer and turkeys in the fields. Can't wait till he is old enough to hunt.

·
Registered
2020 General 4 1000, SuperATV 3” lift, Quad Boss 2” wheel spacers, Hunterworks rollers and belt
711 Posts
Hunting is great....I love it!......but there is NOTHING like taking those young ones out for their first hunts. I enjoy that way more than hunting myself. Getting to see them make that decision whether to take the shot or let em walk....watching them take their first shot, whether they miss or not. Watching them make their first kill....sharing that moment....absolutely awesome!

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Being outdoors with family is the best family time one can ask for!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice Orona. Some of my best memories were with my grandpa. He got me into the outdoors. As got
older that was the role I also took. He hunted up until 79yrs old. Shot a nice 8pt that year then passed away I. The spring. Enjoy the time you have left to spend with him.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Congrats Orona and to your Grandpa.
Nothing better than this and both will have fond memories!

·
Registered
187 Posts
now for the best story of my hunting career!!! So I went out saturday evening. sunny no wind pre rut perfect conditions. heard the tending grunt in the field next to me and saw couple does running and heard the grunt gain. called the does in and this one followed them into my food plot. had it on camera for nine days finally came out. shot it at 6 in the evening and texted my wife and my son asked if he could track it. this is when the story gets to be the best dad moment, I say of course he can but we have to wait a bit. I found first blood on my own and went to get the general and my family. my son comes out wearing his headlamp and has his flashlight in hand. we track it in thick brush and woods for like hundred yards me leading and my son and wife behind. as I am concentrating on the ground following blood and my son says bad there it is and low and behold there it is looking at us. we left it alone to walk back. as we are walking back, its dark now, my son says look at the stars perfect clear night so we stop in the middle of the field say a little prayer and thank god for the moment. this Is what life is about. teaching the younger generation what is important. I couldn't ask for a better hunt in my entire life. big deer and family time and yes it did go in the back of the general eventually. thanks to this forum for letting me share my story.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Congrats and great story and ending!
All 3 of you will remember this for the rest of your lives.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Great job JB that is the moments I live for. I love when my 3 year old tells everyone he meets that daddy shot 2 bucks with big horns and then acts it out how they were laying In the woods then says now we are going to eat them.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I’m hoping to get him out next year for the youth hunt. I have a ravin r29x deadly accurate just don’t want to push him until he is ready. But yes when the kids tell the story it makes it so much fun. You should hear his fishing stories classic!!!

1 - 20 of 87 Posts