Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the General is going to be down for a while, I decided to acquire some new goodies. Picked up a new FN Scar 16, along with a Elcan SpecterDR 1x-4x optic. Havent had a chance to go out and shoot it yet, but really stoked to finally be able to get my hands on this baby.

Attachments

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here my other ones. Nothing special like the Scar though.

-Kriss Vector 10m with a Eotech optic. Waiting on the Eotech 3x magnifier to come for it.
-Sam7k Ak no attachments as of yet
-Glock 43
-Taurus PT840 ( first ever firearm I've bought didn't know better lol)
-DB10 AR10 308 with a vortex red dot.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,116 Posts
My colt AR set up for plinking coyote >:)

Attachments

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Need the 17 to match my 16
I originally stopped by my local gun shop to pick up some ammunition. As I was checking out, i saw the 16 and 20. Knowing that scars get picked up very quick, I jumped on the 16. Needless to say the wife was not happy to see me walk in with it lol. But definitely the 17 is my next purchase too.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I loved the way the scar 16 shot so much, I went and traded the DB10 and the Taurus pt840 for a Scar 20. This thing feels so insane. Truly feels and looks like a well built machine, as it should, since this bad boy commands some deep pockets.

Attachments

·
Registered
278 Posts
Boli_perez... love the SCAR's, I'm jealous.

Here's a fantastic bolt-on tidbit to add for keeping the SCAR of the day with you when you get your General back. It's the nicest and most secure firearm mount that I've ever seen from a defense and LEO supplier called Blac-Rac. Totally adjustable and configurable for any weapon system, get the padlock of your choice and never worry about security when riding with a weapon. They put a lot of effort into this design. With the mount locked you have no access to any mounting or adjusting screws. With the way that I mounted mine you would have to really be looking in the machine to even know that a weapon was onboard. I don't carry my longer barrel hunting rifles because they stick out the door but my new elk rifle is a Bergara HMR 308 with a 20" barrel and it fits perfectly.

Here are some pictures showing the setup for an AR platform that will also work for a pistol. Note that they considered all details with the AR, like there is a cutout for the AR mag release so someone can't drop the mag. You'll see that both an AR10 (first picture) and AR15 fit no problemo. The only thing that you MUST make habit is not to place the weapon in the mount with it cocked since one of the mount supports sits inside the trigger guard.

Attachments

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Appreciate the input on the mount. I honestly dont carry any firearms when I ride, since I only go to mud parks. I dont think I'll ever take the general out to when I go hunting. But I appreciate the detailed input on them.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Boli_perez... love the SCAR's, I'm jealous.

Here's a fantastic bolt-on tidbit to add for keeping the SCAR of the day with you when you get your General back. It's the nicest and most secure firearm mount that I've ever seen from a defense and LEO supplier called Blac-Rac. Totally adjustable and configurable for any weapon system, get the padlock of your choice and never worry about security when riding with a weapon. They put a lot of effort into this design. With the mount locked you have no access to any mounting or adjusting screws. With the way that I mounted mine you would have to really be looking in the machine to even know that a weapon was onboard. I don't carry my longer barrel hunting rifles because they stick out the door but my new elk rifle is a Bergara HMR 308 with a 20" barrel and it fits perfectly.

Here are some pictures showing the setup for an AR platform that will also work for a pistol. Note that they considered all details with the AR, like there is a cutout for the AR mag release so someone can't drop the mag. You'll see that both an AR10 (first picture) and AR15 fit no problemo. The only thing that you MUST make habit is not to place the weapon in the mount with it cocked since one of the mount supports sits inside the trigger guard.
My General mount is just a holster on my hip. :grin2: Always have my Glock G20 on me when I ride. 16 rounds of 180 grain 10mm at 1,300 fps should take care of any issue I might run into on the trail. :)

·
Registered
675 Posts
I’m guessing Buffalo Bore ammo or reloads.
Underwood Ammo is my choice for 10mm self defense ammo. They have a large selection of weights and loads for whatever you carry a 10mm for.

·
Registered
119 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts