Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone gotten a hold of a shop manual yet? I had a digital copy for my Teryx 4 and it sure made life easier. Has all the torque specs and removal / install instructions for pretty much everything.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Those digital version are even better for the search function since that really speeds up the time it takes to find what you need, that among many other features on digital.

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Got mine the first of February...when they became available. Wow...with 10% discount it was still $89

It has a lot more information than the Service Manual for my 2009 RZR 800.

One thing I'm not sure I like...it has no pictures...just CAD drawings. They are informative, but not quite the same "catch you eye" as pictures.

I'm really hoping Polaris puts out a "Parts Manual", like Harley does for all their bikes. Often the parts pages are more informative on how things go together than the service manual...

Pirate

·
Registered
50 Posts
Got mine the first of February...when they became available. Wow...with 10% discount it was still $89

It has a lot more information than the Service Manual for my 2009 RZR 800.

One thing I'm not sure I like...it has no pictures...just CAD drawings. They are informative, but not quite the same "catch you eye" as pictures.

I'm really hoping Polaris puts out a "Parts Manual", like Harley does for all their bikes. Often the parts pages are more informative on how things go together than the service manual...

Pirate
That's one big fault in the industry, even in the automotive industry. It's almost a case of you having to be a person with years under your belt of knowing how to do this stuff but just using the service manual as an aid to speed up the process. Still worth it for those willing to figure stuff out as they go... just make sure you have enough beer. Beer is fuel.

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
I do have a pdf of the wiring diagram. Scanned it on my large format printer/scanner. Very handy for being able to zoom in on what you're looking for.

PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send along a copy.

Pirate

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'm in my clutches right now to seal them up. Does anyone know the torque specs of the primary and secondary when reinstalling them? I couldn't find anything when I searched. Anybody know or can point me in the right direction? I can't find my owners manual at the moment

·
Registered
219 Posts
Owners manual doesn't have clutch specs so may save y'all going and looking. I'll call my dealer Tuesday if y'all haven't answered by then.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I've found the same number for the sensory as well. So we can mark that one off the list. I've found the same 96ft lbs for the primary but I've read a lot about people saying don't tighten that much because you can break the bolt off. So I guess I haven't got a good answer on how much to put on it. I guess I can put say 75 lbs on it and if i feel good about going more I'll throw some more on it. I've also done some research where guys are putting a 10.8 bolt into the primary on a 1000 rzr instead of the 8.8 bolt that it comes with for more strength. I found the bolt for sale but not sure if it will fit my general. Anybody have any opinions? I'll drop a link to the bolt. If it'll fit I would gladly spend the $30 for one.
Polaris Heavy Duty Primary Clutch Bolt | Holz Racing Products | Performance UTV and Snowmobile Parts

·
Registered
219 Posts
After looking through part numbers the primary clutch bolt and two washers are the same for Polaris rzr 1000 and general 1000. Therefore I'm pretty sure the 10.8 bolt will fit. That means Triple will be ordering the upgraded bolt.
Edit: When the bolt arrives I'll take a couple side by side pictures for comparison

·
Registered
55 Posts
general manual

I have the manual but your forum does not allow me to upload it or post the links.
If you want it pm me I will see if that works. then some one else with more posts can up loaded it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts