Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to go the route of 33 mud tires and probably an additional set of 33 all terrains for different areas. Been reading a lot on this forum and can't seem to lock down an answer as to what I need to do to properly to clear them as well as maintain the integrity of the G4. Not at all opposed to running portals. don't care to haul butt anywhere just some decent speed to get to and from. mostly will be in mud and on the trails. To run the 33s do I need to add the 1.5" a-arms or can you just run the 4-inch portal lift alone? or do I need to add a lift along with the portals and the a-arms? trying to avoid making the rig too wide.Also not opposed to running no portals with a lift and a clutch kit. Obviously don't wanna shell out massive amounts of money (i know portals are pricey) but id much prefer to spend what I need to spend to ensure the integrity of the G4. any info or recommendations help

·
Registered
563 Posts
Not sure if this helps because I only run 32’s. Look up an old post of mine “No more 32” tire rub “
I run 32’s because that’s what all my buddies run down here in Baja on their RZRs so all our spares match.
No one down here lifts their rigs or runs portals because of the type of off roading we do, it just makes the rig unstable and tippy.
33’s well I don’t know? It’s only a 1/2” more than a 32. If you’re not into show and shine get the heat gun out and snips and give er a go
Good luck
Cheers
Baja Charlie

PS 32” Tensors ride like a dream!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
You will need the forward a arms on the front for sure. I just put 32s on my G2 and I think 33 would clear without rubbing. I went with the satv bracket lift. Portals would be the best option in my opinion as you will keep the stock cv angles and have the proper gear reduction. Keep in mind that portals and not made for sustained high speed.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Not sure if this helps because I only run 32’s. Look up an old post of mine “No more 32” tire rub “
I run 32’s because that’s what all my buddies run down here in Baja on their RZRs so all our spares match.
No one down here lifts their rigs or runs portals because of the type of off roading we do, it just makes the rig unstable and tippy.
33’s well I don’t know? It’s only a 1/2” more than a 32. If you’re not into show and shine get the heat gun out and snips and give er a go
Good luck
Cheers
Baja Charlie

PS 32” Tensors ride like a dream!!!!!!!!!!
Charlie, Did you do anything to your tranny for the 32s, or are you still stock?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Tranny is stock. On many of my post I tell the forum members that down here we do “destination” rides. Many times that may mean we may cover 120 to 180 miles per day and some trips may be four to six days, so the driving style is much different that most on this forum. Do we “Baby”our machines.......heck yes! It’s “easy on and easy off” because our goal is to get to our destination. “Pit Squirreling” is discouraged because you break things and ruin everybody’s trip.
So to answer your question, I don’t fix what’s not broke and if it ever does break I still don’t fix it, I upgrade it.
I do find it entertaining when guys are saying “ Baja” you better change out this or that or it’s the end of the world.....only to see them posting pictures or video thrashing their General jumping dunes or mud bogging the “S” word out of their rigs.

My two pesos
Cheers
Baja Charlie

PS my 2006 Rhino still has the stock belt......hmmmmmm “driving style........maybe?”

1 - 5 of 5 Posts