Polaris General Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

Registered
2020 G2 XP 1000 Deluxe Ride Command
I ran the crap out of my machine today and can report back that the belt riding the cover (belt slap) while coasting or anything else is gone. The engine braking is also smoother. 馃槂馃憤

Registered
Does it still coast and not engine break until at a slower speed? That was my favorite thing about it over my ATV I had ridden before I went to a sxs.

Have mine scheduled to go in and have it done the end of the month.

Registered
Does it still cost and not engine break until at a slower speed? That was my favorite thing about it over my ATV I had ridden before I went to a sxs.

Have mine scheduled to go in and have it done the end of the month.
Yes but the transition from open coast to engine brake is smoother.

Registered
Can anyone report how long this TSB takes to perform? My Polaris dealer has had my machine since Saturday and no word yet. I'd normally just call and ask what to expect, but boy are they short with you when they're having to perform TSB's at no charge to the customer. Unfortunately, they've made it to where I don't really want to return to spend more money.

Registered
Don't worry about rattling their cage. Remember, you are the customer and they are getting paid to do the work by Polaris.

Registered
About 1 hour or so. I took mine in and waited until they finished. loaded back up on the trailer and off I went.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
The dealer near me still doesn鈥檛 have the parts to do the work! But they told me it wouldn鈥檛 take them long at all when they get them.

Registered
The dealer near me still doesn鈥檛 have the parts to do the work! But they told me it wouldn鈥檛 take them long at all when they get them.
Yeah I called at the end of June and they had to order the parts and scheduled me to drop it off on the 17th of July. Granted the mechanic doesn't work Saturdays and they were closed Sunday and Monday...

Registered
What is to be done on the TSB?

Registered
What is to be done on the TSB?
From my limited understanding, someone posted that the Polaris engineers installed the same helix setup from the RZR XP's on the 2020 General XP's and it didn't work as planned. I think they just swap that and maybe (??) you get a new belt...I'll be pulling it apart and looking since I'm going to be changing out the clutch when I get it back anyhow. Keep the OEM one as a spare.

Registered
Replacement of the secondary clutch helix and the primary clutch spring/weights

Registered
Weird, I hadn鈥檛 had time to call so I sent them an email at 3 today, by 4:48 they called and said it was ready to be picked up. 馃馃徎

21 - 34 of 34 Posts