Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a service bulletin for my 2020 XP4 to replace the secondary helix as well as replace the primary clutch spring and weights. I already purchased the Dalton clutch kit from Hunterworks but haven’t had the time to install it yet. Should I just ignore the service bulletin and install the clutch kit? Or would it be better to have the work done and then install the kit?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I got a service bulletin for my 2020 XP4 to replace the secondary helix as well as replace the primary clutch spring and weights. I already purchased the Dalton clutch kit from Hunterworks but haven’t had the time to install it yet. Should I just ignore the service bulletin and install the clutch kit? Or would it be better to have the work done and then install the kit?
I guess this might be good new for us XP owners. Would like to hear from someone first on how it drives after the replacement parts are on.

Drive the same (minis the belt slap)?
More engine braking then before?
Feel better or worse?

I checked my ride command app and it shows that I also have the recall. Came out NOV 24th. Contact dealer for more info.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Take the update then install your kit. Then you’ll have all new parts if you ever need them.

Reactions: BrandonM1980

·
Registered
2020 general XP
103 Posts
thanks for this, i just checked on my app to make sure i had the same recall. ill be calling today and hopefully scheduling my service...

·
Registered
2020 G2 XP 1000 Deluxe Ride Command
518 Posts
Just got this service notice in the mail today, along with those nifty mugs. Will get it done and post if it changes/fixes anything.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
That is mighty nice of Polaris to send those mugs!

·
Registered
2020 general XP
103 Posts
Awe man I had someone reach out by email a few weeks ago asking for a mailing address for a gift from Polaris, I thought it was a scammer and deleted the email..... darn it those are some nice cups!

·
Premium Member
1,851 Posts
Awe man I had someone reach out by email a few weeks ago asking for a mailing address for a gift from Polaris, I thought it was a scammer and deleted the email..... darn it those are some nice cups!
Try to get in touch with them, These 25K mugs are nice. I got mine at the end of last week. Maybe call your dealer and have them contact their rep!

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Must not be anything for the 21 XP's as we haven't heard anything.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Dealer said they should have my parts today and will install tomorrow.

Should have an update on any difference in performance soon.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Had this service done on my rig today. Haven't had it out in the bush yet but a trip around the streets felt much better on start-offs (little to no jerkiness) and at slow coast, no sounds of belt ridding the cover. So far, so good.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts