Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I am wondering at what level you all have installed your Seizmik Pursuit mirrors at? did you install at the top of the door line or higher? just looking to see what has worked for you all.

Thanks,

Ron

·
Registered
54 Posts
I mounted mine just above the front half window. But this last weekend(new years day) I put the general on it's side and bent the bracket! Already bought the frame mount brackets so it will be going a little lower now! Mirror came out fine, bulletproof!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I mounted mine just above the front half window. But this last weekend(new years day) I put the general on it's side and bent the bracket! Already bought the frame mount brackets so it will be going a little lower now! Mirror came out fine, bulletproof!
Good the mirror came out fine, how about the body / door panels? Just asking, cuz a General on its side sometimes doesn’t come right side up too shiny.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Had ours mounted up high at first and then a good friend here in Payson had his mounted lower and that worked better for me so we moved mine to the lower position.
Try each way to see what you like.
This is with the extra mounting brackets that one buys for mounting these mirrors.

https://www.amazon.com/Seizmik-Mirror-Polaris-General-18069/dp/B01NC2PLKQ/ref=asc_df_B01NC2PLKQ/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=319215477784&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=12242688271809101869&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9030174&hvtargid=pla-619465750715&psc=1

https://seizmik.com/product/mirror-mounts-for-polaris-genera
l/

Remember to put something on the inside of the rollbar so the nuts don't fall down when you take the bolts out to put your mounting brackets on. We used duct tape and some just used rags or foam.

You can't beat their mirrors or their warranty!

·
Registered
584 Posts
I would also suggest the brackets that were mentioned above. The mounts they come with, put the mirrors at an angle and makes it hard to use the full mirror. I made a bracket that I welded to my front rack mounts that also hold the pillar lights. I think the lower the mirror is, the more you get out of them. Just a personal opinion!

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
I ordered the mounting brackets from seizmik for the general and they mount to the frame. To me, it makes it look like a normal vehicle.
I mounted mine the same.
Seizmik general brackets from amazon.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would also suggest the brackets that were mentioned above. The mounts they come with, put the mirrors at an angle and makes it hard to use the full mirror. I made a bracket that I welded to my front rack mounts that also hold the pillar lights. I think the lower the mirror is, the more you get out of them. Just a personal opinion!
thanks, I have them mounted, my only complaint is the angle that you are talking about. I think I will get the brackets too.

Thanks for the replies.

Ron

·
Registered
13 Posts
For your info. The Seizmik mirrors have a life time guarantee so if any part of the mirror or the brackets is damaged just give them a call or send them a email describing the failure. In a few days, usually within a week you will get the needed parts in the mail.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I bought the Seizmik mirrors and attaching hardware for my new 2020 General 4 XP 1000 Deluxe. Love those mirrors, they look great and are rugged no shake or vibration either

·
Registered
109 Posts
Had ours mounted up high at first and then a good friend here in Payson had his mounted lower and that worked better for me so we moved mine to the lower position.
Try each way to see what you like.
This is with the extra mounting brackets that one buys for mounting these mirrors.

https://www.amazon.com/Seizmik-Mirror-Polaris-General-18069/dp/B01NC2PLKQ/ref=asc_df_B01NC2PLKQ/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=319215477784&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=12242688271809101869&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9030174&hvtargid=pla-619465750715&psc=1

https://seizmik.com/product/mirror-mounts-for-polaris-genera
l/

Remember to put something on the inside of the rollbar so the nuts don't fall down when you take the bolts out to put your mounting brackets on. We used duct tape and some just used rags or foam.

You can't beat their mirrors or their warranty!
Are the Factory Bolts long enough? Looking at my Cage Bolts they are flush with the Nuts, so that’s why I ask if Factory Bolts can be used. I see the factory installers used Black Electrical Tape to hold the Nuts in place.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Factory bolts work fine for mounting the brackets!

·
Registered
753 Posts
“Danger Will!!!! Danger Will” put some tape on the nuts behind the cage to hold them in place, if the nuts drop down they go into the Abyss (aka 5 hours trying to find them)
Good luck, they’re great mirrors and after smacking them on a few trees and bushes they look brand new
BC

·
Registered
109 Posts
Received Seizmik Pursuit Mirrors today and opened the box to see a dime sized Chip in the Mirror Glass. My luck..... so I called Seizmik Customer Service and explained the issue and hopefully they have a replacement Mirror Insert to be mailed out soon. The packaging of the Mirrors looked very good and the Mirrors are packaged with foam surrounding the Mirrors. The Chip is not on the outside of the Glass but inside and I question Quality Control as it’s something that’s “not hard to see” at all. I’m glad this isn’t a return to seller issue and having to deal with the selling Vendor. As for the install with the Special Brackets, easy added some Duck Tape to hold the Nuts so they wouldn’t drop into the “never going to get them back Hole”.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just picked up my "new" 2016 General Delux. Was glad to see that it has Seizmik mirrors on it, BUT instantly hated the angle that they set at. I noticed this thread and went to Ebay to order a set of brackets. I plugged in my vehicle, and it said that they WON'T FIT! Seizmik part number 18069. So, being the doubter that I am, I went to Amazon. Same thing. So I went to Seizmik website. They show only the one part number, and don't say anything about different models of years of General. Does anyone on here have these brackets on a 2016 Delux, and they work?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts