Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2018 G2 Ride Command
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a 2018 (no pulse bar) do I need a relay for these mirror lights? It doesn't seem to come with one and the harness directions say direct to battery. I want them switched with key so I dont forget to turn them off and kill the battery. Any suggestions on best way to wire them? It is the only additional lights I have right now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
On a 2018 (no pulse bar) do I need a relay for these mirror lights? It doesn't seem to come with one and the harness directions say direct to battery. I want them switched with key so I dont forget to turn them off and kill the battery. Any suggestions on best way to wire them? It is the only additional lights I have right now.
you should always try to use a relay to protect the electronics. Since u don’t have a pulse bar get yourself a waterproof fuse block. You can wire the fuse block to a 80 amp circuit breaker then to the fuse block. Then you can run all you accessories from the fuse block. Dont forget the relays.

·
Registered
2020XP4
1,541 Posts
I have mine temporarily ran straight to the positive post under the hood using their provided inline fuse and little round 3 position switch. If you want to use the ignition, I recommend using a relay then. The mirror mounted LEDs are very low wattage. They don't draw much at all. You don't have to pull an 80 amp circuit and all that to run a couple little LED lights. If you start to add more accessories, you can tag off of your 3 posts under the hood and use a small blue sea systems fuse box. Fuses and grounds all in one convenient package.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts