Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. does anyone feel the seat hight is a little to high on the general. Making it hard to see out of the windshield ? Seems like u sit high! Your thoughts please

·
Registered
197 Posts
I guess its all a matter of personal likes and dislikes but I am 6'6" tall and I don't have any problem in the seat. In fact..... I have as much room in the General as I did in my wife's Kia Sportage. To me is seems to have more room than a RZR and the layout is better also. However; no matter what vehicle it is the mirror is always in the middle of my field of view.

Reactions: Lennie

·
Registered
15 Posts
Any one have experience with the can am commander, I am wondering if the general has more room and is easier to get in and out of vs. the General. I currently have a commander XT and personally can't stand the nets and bolster bar or what ever its called I'm not a small guy and find it a PITA to get in and out of the commander I would like a comparison from someone who has been in both, local dealers haven't got one in yet to see for myself.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Any one have experience with the can am commander, I am wondering if the general has more room and is easier to get in and out of vs. the General. I currently have a commander XT and personally can't stand the nets and bolster bar or what ever its called I'm not a small guy and find it a PITA to get in and out of the commander I would like a comparison from someone who has been in both, local dealers haven't got one in yet to see for myself.
Well I'm 6'6" tall and weigh 245lbs and I dont have any problem with the room. It's actually the reason I went with the General. I have never been in a Commander so I can compare it to that. Even with my height I have a lot of headroom and I won't be hitting my head on anything. My wife has a Kia Sportage and it has about the same amount of room in the driver seat and seems pretty easy to get in and out of.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks Tree I actually fit ok in the commander with no head room issues its just getting in and out it seems like the enter/exit is going to be much easier in the general with out the nets and side protective bar that protrudes forward and catches the ribs if your not careful when getting in or out - I'm 6'2" hoping the leg room is maybe a little more but not terribly worried if it isn't.

·
Registered
197 Posts
It really feels more car like than SXS like. The doors are seem to be build well and don't seem to flex as much as the RZR. As far a leg room..... I'm never happy because people just are not usually as tall as me and the just don't design me into vehicles or anything. My knee hits the shifter in an RZR but in the General it rests on the center console. So I'm ok with that. I'm sure I will hit something hard at some point and knock a bruise on my knee but the other 99% of the time I should be fine.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Can't figure out how to star a new post .
Does anyone know if the small seat you can put in a rzr will work in the general. For a 3rd seat in the middle. My 6 yr old won't go much she will be on her 4 wheeler but it would be nice once in awhile

·
Registered
408 Posts
The seat height is lower than the Ranger but higher than a RZR. My wife is 5ft and her feet could not touch the floor in the Ranger. She could not drive the Ranger (a scary thought if she could) because she could not reach the pedals. I installed a small Pelican case on the floor of the Ranger to give her a place to set her feet. The General is much better for her. She can drive it but to be completely comfortable I am making a thick floor mat on the passenger side. I am using 2 or 3 pieces of horse stall mat from Tractor Supply and gluing them together. This will add 1.5 to 2 inches to the floor.

I am 5ft - 10in and the General height is fine for me. There is a little more leg room in the General than the Ranger too. I measured 24" from the brake pedal to the front edge of the bucket seat when fully back. Some have complained that the seat is too upright. I can tell you its much better than the Ranger bench seat, and a better constructed seat than the standard RZR seat although it is more upright than the RZR. I believe a person could pitch the seat back a little if they wanted, by adding some washers or shims under the slider. This would of course raise the front edge of the seat.

I have noticed the Tip Out Windshield to be smaller than the Ranger so field of view is less on the General. Here is a picture looking out of the General (sorry about the garage clutter).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts