Polaris General Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the welcome guys had g4 since Jan, 2500 miles already, been to pink Coral dunes St Anthony dunes and Moab, doing lots of upgrades the week will share some pictures soon

·
Registered
41 Posts
They were about 132.00 each that's a complete belt assembly unbolt top both bottom bolts and replace then make the lower top mount I used 1'' x 1/8 flat stock real easy.
The wife is very happy no more neck rub. she said best change yet.:grin2:
How did you attach bottom bracket to roll cage? Weld?

·
Super Moderator
4,124 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Picked up a 2018 limited edition over the weekend and it came with these adjustable belts. They are awesome. Not sure if you can buy them as an accessory or not.

Do you (or anyone else) have a picture showing how the bottom of the rubber strap attaches to your cage? I have these adjusters on my 2018 but the bottom of the rubber strap is not attached to anything so the adjusters are worthless.

Ive asked my dealer about this but they have been no help so far. A photo of what I am missing may help.

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Found this today by mistake. To adjust seat belt from digging in my neck, go to post 3 click on second picture. Your see 5 slots showing, Just spray some soap on the rubber adjuster, pull the belt up from the back to get slack, visegrip the belt to hold, slide the square piece up to the top. That will move the belt that far up, giving belt slack.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Something you might want to consider
Five point harnesses
Three things I like:
1. When you crash they hold you in the seat so you don’t slide out
2. They are way more comfortable, no neck rub and because they hold you in tight you’re not flopping around like you do with 3 points. When you get out of your rig st the end of the day you don’t feel like you’ve been on a roller coaster all day.
3. The MOST important thing is, your ice cold beer taste better.... just kidding

Cheers
Baja Charlie
CF584D8A-EE31-447F-AD3F-6AF69316DA06.jpeg
CAD22FC4-B18A-4900-A984-A486CA821EBE.jpeg

·
Registered
215 Posts
We recently put in a 4 point harness in and we like it. Like Baja Charlie told me, a 5 point will hold you in better if you roll. I can't put in the 5th submarine strap as they call it , because I bought the 4pt harness with the automotive type belt. No more cutting into my neck and I feel more secure.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Something you might want to consider
Five point harnesses
Three things I like:
1. When you crash they hold you in the seat so you don’t slide out
2. They are way more comfortable, no neck rub and because they hold you in tight you’re not flopping around like you do with 3 points. When you get out of your rig st the end of the day you don’t feel like you’ve been on a roller coaster all day.
3. The MOST important thing is, your ice cold beer taste better.... just kidding

Cheers
Baja Charlie View attachment 64976 View attachment 64977
Baja, where did you get your seat pass through's. I like the wide stance they would give.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Corbo
You can get the Harness seat pass thru bezels at Dragonfire website or sometimes on Amazon.
They have two styles, one piece where both belts go thru one bezel and two piece where the belts go thru separate bezels. I’ve only used the two piece set up on all my rigs so you might want to post the question what folks like best, the one piece or the two pieces (not sure how many on this forum have them, but you can go on other sxs forums)
I use a Dremel to cut in the bezels.
No great tips on installing, just take your time

Cheers
Baja Charlie

·
Registered
678 Posts
Corbo
You can get the Harness seat pass thru bezels at Dragonfire website or sometimes on Amazon.
They have two styles, one piece where both belts go thru one bezel and two piece where the belts go thru separate bezels. I’ve only used the two piece set up on all my rigs so you might want to post the question what folks like best, the one piece or the two pieces (not sure how many on this forum have them, but you can go on other sxs forums)

Cheers
Baja Charlie
Thanks Baja, I have the one piece one my Rzr 800 and they are ok, but like the idea of the 2 piece. I'm 6'2" and over 275#, so once I saw those on your rig, I knew that was for me!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Corbo

Cheers
Baja Charlie
I just checked dragon fire and they don't show them. Could it have been another website?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just buy the velcro cover or the seat belt bypass devices off of amazon ... No seatbelts No problems. You don't have a 5pt. seatbelt in your car at 80mph down the interstate. You didn't have a seatbelt at all on any of the 4 wheelers, dirtbikes, street motorcycles you grew up on. This is probably an unpopular opinion however just stating facts.

·
Registered
647 Posts
That's horrible advice. A guy that used to work with me had a low speed rollover in his yard. No belts. Passenger was thrown and paralyzed. Your logic is asinine. Insurance and safety harnesses are a must. If you choose not to do that, it's on you, but don't come on a public forum and try to persuade people away from common sense safety precautions.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts