Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, my seat belt drives me crazy by digging into my neck. Anyone know of a fix for this or have the same issue? Does any company make a after market bracket to extend it?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
We went to an Auto Parts store as ours did the same thing. They make velcro pads the go around seat belt to give about a 1 foot of cushioning comfort and come n different colors.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,124 Posts
Have had a few on here complain that very issue! I did notice that the RZR at a dealer I stopped at last week has adjustable straps at the top of the shoulder strap there made bye IMMI and are called T/Rail could check and see what they would get for them seat belts mount in same spot as the General so the adjuster would work I was going to but didn't remember while I was there cant find any info on line but a picture on the immi website so they must not sell them to the public. here is a poor pic of them

Attachments

·
Registered
631 Posts
Now that you mention it, I too have the same issue...Very annoying and uncomfortable...The one from TucsonTacodog looks like it will work, but don't want that on my stomach as it's hot enough in AZ! If anyone is using or knows of a company that sells a seat belt extender like in RockinRonnie's pic that would be greatly appreciated...

·
Registered
332 Posts
Now that you mention it, I too have the same issue...Very annoying and uncomfortable...The one from TucsonTacodog looks like it will work, but don't want that on my stomach as it's hot enough in AZ! If anyone is using or knows of a company that sells a seat belt extender like in RockinRonnie's pic that would be greatly appreciated...
Same thing here, not because of heat, I would just rather the notched thing. I was working on something a while back to stop the slow removal of my head. I will revisit and if I come up with something marketable I will let people here know. In the meantime if anyone knows of anything similar it would save me a lot of time :grin2:

·
Super Moderator
4,124 Posts
Got my New RZR seat belts installed today had to make the bracket for the lower mount but worked out great and man what a dif. :grin2:
the part number for the seat belts are Polaris # 2635938

Attachments

Reactions: MMX

·
Super Moderator
4,124 Posts
What was the cost on switching to RZR belts?
They were about 132.00 each that's a complete belt assembly unbolt top both bottom bolts and replace then make the lower top mount I used 1'' x 1/8 flat stock real easy.
The wife is very happy no more neck rub. she said best change yet.:grin2:

Reactions: MMX

·
Registered
51 Posts
My wife also complained about the seat belts rubbing on her shoulder. We also found a couple of "fuzzy" things that slipped over the existing belt and sort of maybe almost solved the problem. However I wonder if the new 2018 seat belts will retrofit to my 2017? That might be a better, albeit expensive, solution?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am 6'5" and the seat belt is tight on my shoulders. Any way to raise the mount so it doesn't cut into my shoulder?

·
Registered
285 Posts
my seat belt fix

I used some 3/16 x 1.5" flat bar and drilled on 3" centers to lower the belts and stop the digging into my neck. It works great, both wife and myself are a lot more comfy riding now. I'm 6ft and fat so the extra belt length was a bonus also.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Put in ProArmor harnesses. Orange for the 2016 Deluxe.

2" shoulder straps, 3" waist. Wrap around the rectangular cross tube behind the head rests.

Since no opening in the back of the seat, both of us use the "boob strap" to keep them from falling off our shoulders.

Work great...no rubbing and the 2" shoulder straps stay in place.

Pirate

·
Super Moderator
4,124 Posts
Welcome to the site Azgeneral34 !
That's a cool looking seat! but with the name I bet pricey

·
Registered
631 Posts
I used some 3/16 x 1.5" flat bar and drilled on 3" centers to lower the belts and stop the digging into my neck. It works great, both wife and myself are a lot more comfy riding now. I'm 6ft and fat so the extra belt length was a bonus also.
Thank you Eazmo for sharing! This is exactly what I need to do!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts