Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I just got this video from a friend near Grand Junction. The video begins near Silverton, flying north toward Ouray on 550. Some think a lot of trails could be closed to late June.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Late June? I'm not sure some on the North face of the mountains will even open this year. Its happened before...

Pirate

·
Registered
285 Posts
****, That's a lot of snow. We have reservations in late July. We'll see how summer goes. a lot will change by then.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I just did a quick check of the USDA SnoTel station map... most of the Rockies have at least 5' of snow depth at the gauging stations, the San Juan's east to Wolf Creek summit are in the 7' to 9' deep range and its only the 3rd week of March. The deepest and wettest snows are yet to fall. The mountain lakes will be full this year, nice change from last year. There will surely be snow in many of the high mountain passes until the fall snows return. Yippee!

·
Registered
682 Posts
We are at 143% of average snow pack state wide in Colorado this year. Great for the water needs, not so great for getting up riding in the high country this spring/early summer. We'll see how it goes from here. Could get a lot more, possible to get very little more snow. Just never know...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts