Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if stock 12" RZR rims fit the Generals? I know that the bp is the same but I was wondering about clearance with control arms or brakes? Looking to pick up a used set before winter and stud up for the ice :grin2:

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
The lug pattern is the same, but the RZR studs are 3/8" x 24 TPI

The General has 12mm studs.

I have a set of STI wheels with Kanati Mongrel tires. All I had to do was get a set of the 12mm lug nuts and the special socket that fits over the lug nuts, and into the recess in the wheel.

Pirate

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The lug pattern is the same, but the RZR studs are 3/8" x 24 TPI

The General has 12mm studs.

I have a set of STI wheels with Kanati Mongrel tires. All I had to do was get a set of the 12mm lug nuts and the special socket that fits over the lug nuts, and into the recess in the wheel.

Pirate
Are those 12" wheels? and stock offset? The stud size doesn't bother me as rims can be drilled out. I was hoping to pick up a set of stock takeoff wheels and stud up a set of tires for a couple trips out on the ice this winter. I looked at my General this weekend and it looks like a 12" rim should fit with the closest thing being the caliper.

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Nope, mine are all 14" wheels. The General comes with 14" wheels, so I guess you would have to get your hands on a RZR 12" wheel and see if it fits.

Sorry, that's the best info I have.

Pirate

·
Super Moderator
4,185 Posts
Best bet would be to test fit before you buy. they should clear but depends on the offset of the wheel! like you stated they can be drilled out and tapered if your careful

Reactions: Trapper

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just fit up a set of 12" Polaris Sportsman rims the other day and they clear.... just barely. I was able to drill out the holes but will have to buy new lug nuts as the sportsman steel wheels use a flat non-tapered lug nut. Then it will be time to fill them full of Kold Kutters.

·
Super Moderator
4,185 Posts
Just fit up a set of 12" Polaris Sportsman rims the other day and they clear.... just barely. I was able to drill out the holes but will have to buy new lug nuts as the sportsman steel wheels use a flat non-tapered lug nut. Then it will be time to fill them full of Kold Kutters.

Just to be clear you are going to put tires on the rims and fill them with the Kold Kutters correct! >:)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just to be clear you are going to put tires on the rims and fill them with the Kold Kutters correct! >:)
Yes sir, can't believe I missed the part about tires :grin2: Just picked up a set of cheap atv tires off of craigslist. Now its time to put in all of the screws....

·
Super Moderator
4,185 Posts
Yes sir, can't believe I missed the part about tires :grin2: Just picked up a set of cheap atv tires off of craigslist. Now its time to put in all of the screws....

Just had to poke a little! :grin2: LOL

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's nice that it has been cold here, I might get to test out the tires before Christmas. Last year I wasn't even able to take the 4 wheeler on the pond.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I installed stock OEM 2017 RZR wheels & tires on my 2016 General and they fit just fine.

The only thing is,......
You lose track width. 1-1/2" less in the front,......1" less in the rear.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I did start putting the screws in the tires, so far its looking like about 140 per front tire and 180 per rear tire. Didn't want to load them full of screws yet, as it will be easier to add more than remove. I'm hoping for something that I can still power slide around.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I did start putting the screws in the tires, so far its looking like about 140 per front tire and 180 per rear tire. Didn't want to load them full of screws yet, as it will be easier to add more than remove. I'm hoping for something that I can still power slide around.
Pictures man, we need pictures!!!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Pictures man, we need pictures!!!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
It has been cold enough here, I may be able to go and try them out on the pond this week and will definitely get pics and hopefully video. On a side note, there was a post on a local Facebook page about doing a couple exhibition ice races for SxS in Mt. Pleasant, Mi during there snowmobile enduro racing event. Might have to see if I can get to one of these.

·
Super Moderator
4,185 Posts
It has been cold enough here, I may be able to go and try them out on the pond this week and will definitely get pics and hopefully video. On a side note, there was a post on a local Facebook page about doing a couple exhibition ice races for SxS in Mt. Pleasant, Mi during there snowmobile enduro racing event. Might have to see if I can get to one of these.

Let me know if you plan on getting to one! only about 20 miles from me. would be cool.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.