Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,165 Posts
The only problem I would look into would be the dif. in gearing between machines are the front dif's on all of them the same? gear wise:grin2:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only problem I would look into would be the dif. in gearing between machines are the front dif's on all of them the same? gear wise:grin2:
All the gearing from the 900 to current is the same, other than the turbos, I believe.

People swap HL transmissions into non HL rangers and RZRs all the time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like I'm going to try it. I will let yall know the outcome. Dealer has my trans out now.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Now would be the time to look at SpecializedATV dual reverse gear and chain. Uses a single change wide enough for both gears.

Excellent upgrade! And as long as your trans is out...

Why looking at a change from the General transmission?

Pirate

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now would be the time to look at SpecializedATV dual reverse gear and chain. Uses a single change wide enough for both gears.

Excellent upgrade! And as long as your trans is out...

Why looking at a change from the General transmission?

Pirate
Blew up under warranty. Running 32s.

·
Registered
2017 General 1000 4dr with 2018 high lifter drivetrain. Duraclutch, 4 inch lift, 30 in tires
4 Posts
Swap out ok?

Did you get the xp1000 transmission successfully swapped with your general’s? I’m curious myself because mine blew apart too and i am running 30’s.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We just put a rzr 4 highlifter tranny in my general 4. It’s roughly a 25% reduction compared to the standard G4 tranny. Because the reduction is farther up the gearing then your standard reduction kit that’s offered by super atv I’m having to put a different front differential in. But yes it will work.

·
Registered
128 Posts
We just put a rzr 4 highlifter tranny in my general 4. It’s roughly a 25% reduction compared to the standard G4 tranny. Because the reduction is farther up the gearing then your standard reduction kit that’s offered by super atv I’m having to put a different front differential in. But yes it will work.
What are the part numbers from the TransAxles?
Or year models?

·
Registered
4 Posts
i used a 2019 rzr 4 tranny. In the process of changing the front diff. So take this next part with a grain of salt because We haven’t proved it yet; going with Polaris # 1334181 for diff. And it’s my understanding that the hub where the axle splines go into are bigger so you have to either use the bigger axles ( a plus) or switch out the hub in the new dif with your original( it should drop right in). Again I have not prove the last part. When I’m finished I let you know if it worked.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The front diff I used above worked great. I gave some bad info above do to another issue( it’s not a 25% reduction). My primary nut was backed off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im getting ready to do this swap on my 2017 g2. Also due to the turf mode hole in the trans. I’m running 35’s and wanted the stringer trans internals and delete. Can you let me know why you needed to do the front diff or was it part of the mix up with the nut backed off?

The front diff I used above worked great. I gave some bad info above do to another issue( it’s not a 25% reduction). My primary nut was backed off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Im getting ready to do this swap on my 2017 g2. Also due to the turf mode hole in the trans. I’m running 35’s and wanted the stringer trans internals and delete. Can you let me know why you needed to do the front diff or was it part of the mix up with the nut backed off?
the #1334181 is the front diff you need with the 2019Rzr 4 HL tranny. That tranny has no turf mode and has a stronger dual rev chain.

·
Registered
123 Posts
The HiLifter and Trails and Rock edition RZR have a different ring & pinion count then the General and standard RZRs. So a HiLifter front diff must be used if swapping in a HiLifter transmission.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts