Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2020 General 1000 4 XP Deluxe
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to lineup the back that was ordered from superatv. I am starting to notice some frame/chassis issues. Any advice before I cut the panel?

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
I would be contacting your dealer plus Polaris and letting them handle it. Possible your cage is tweeked. Should be a warranty issue.
Last thing I would do is cut the panel.
Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: TCampbell

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
I don't know how the panel should be but maybe contact superatv also and could be a faulty window?

·
Registered
2020 Polaris General XP-2 1000 Deluxe Ride Command
443 Posts
Check the cage and window to confirm both are square.
I have the same panel and it fit right in.

If the window is out of square, send it back.
If your cage is out of square, loosen the bolts, ratchet strap it square, re-tighten the bolts.

·
Registered
796 Posts
...I am starting to notice some frame/chassis issues. ...
Does something else make you think this is a frame/chassis issue aside from the aftermarket window fitment?
The rear ROPS is one single piece. It's either straight or it is not. You're not going to adjust the "square" of it with a ratchet strap as suggested. You'd pretty much need a frame rack.
Bend a small wire, cut a piece of cardboard etc. to fit one corner of the inset where the window goes, then flip it over and see if it fits in the opposite corner. Do the same test with the window. This should show you where the problem is.

·
Registered
443 Posts
@ Cheeto:
Ratchet strap squaring usually works on bolted cages if mildly out of square but I see what you're saying about the rear of the cage being one welded piece.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I agree, squaring the ROPS as a whole is quite doable, just not a single section. I should have worded that differently. (y)

·
Registered
277 Posts
As Renob4x4 already stated...... To me it looks like a defective window. Measure diagonally to see if the roll cage window opening is square.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Cheeto, what you said made sense to me. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The driver side rear pillar is more of a straight line vs the passenger side that slopes more in at the top. The panel fit in without the gasket and it would appear to be more symmetrical then the ROPS/frame. I will take another picture when I get home from work. I bought this preowned/used so I don't think there will be any warranty claims.

·
Registered
443 Posts
If you bought the General used, it may have been flopped or rolled.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you bought the General used, it may have been flopped or rolled.
I would agree. How ever there is mild rubbage on one side nothing else would say that it has been rolled. All the RF stage 4 stuff goes in no problem, the roof shows no damage.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Do any body panels, fenders, hood, roof appear newer than others on the machine?

Also, check the battery area for evidence of allot of corrosion splash or recent repainting.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This pic is taking straight on from the rear. Ignore the lack of hardware on the rear panel (trying to wiggle it every way we could). The roof is also lifted up to have better access to the bolts. I have not tried to loosen all the bolts for the rear section of the ROPS/cage and then use a hand winch to try to pull over the drivers side to square it all up.

·
Registered
796 Posts
The right rear corner of the bed looks lower than the left rear corner. The right shock looks longer than the left shock and appears to be at a different angle. I attribute all this to a major accident or, more likely, it being a 3 dimensional object viewed in a 2 dimensional format. In other words, this picture is useless to us. Several suggestions have been made on how to check the "square" of the rear ROPS section.
Again, you are not going to be able to use simple manual equipment to change the square of that rear ROPS member. You would need to chain the machine to the floor and apply several tons of pressure at the upper corners to move that thing. If a ratchet strap or hand winch could bend that single piece then the ROPS would be useless in even a soft rollover situation...God help anybody involved in a violent one.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Do you have a front windshield installed?. If yes, does it fit correctly with no gaps/issues. I'm in agreement with Renob4x4 that you might have to loosen the cage bolts, try to square it, re-tighten the bolts.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts