Polaris General Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2021 General XP 1000
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks for your help, The RFPOL-RC5 adapter is showing to deliver tomorrow. Also thanks for the heads up on the amp install kit, it has the metal amp mounting bracket that the amp mounts to and bolts to the frame above the subwoofer. Once I start installing I think I am going to take lots of pics to post for anyone else wanting to make this change.

·
Registered
2021 General XP 1000
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
This is my existing amp. There are none of the plugs to connect with the RFPOL-RC5 adapter. I have sent a message to RF. What am I missing?

·
Registered
2021 General XP 1000
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Here is the wiring diagram for a 2021 RZR 1000 XP. It has the three connectors needed for the RFPOL-RC5 to work. My General service manual does not have any wiring diagrams

·
Registered
2021 General XP 1000
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I am beginning to think I have a LOT of $$$$ invested in something that will not work.

·
Premium Member
2019 RC Edition
53 Posts
What model is that amp? The RFPOL-RC5 is designed to work with the TM1000x5 amp.

I don’t know about you, but I do a lot of independent research, including calls to the manufacturer support line, before I make any major purchase, #1-to make sure I’m getting what I need and that what I’m purchasing will do what it’s designed to do, and #2-to make sure I can handle the installation of the purchase before I buy.

·
Premium Member
2019 RC Edition
53 Posts
If you have a new amp and Ride Command interface, it’s going to replace what you currently have, not bolt onto it. It’s a rip and replace situation, including quite probably your speaker wires and power harnesses.

·
Registered
2021 General XP 1000
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I will wait and see what RF says if they even answer my question. The General Ride Command has a completely different harness than the RZR. My General does not have the Audio Amp 1,2 or 3 connectors that are in a RZR. From what I can tell I would need a harness from a RZR to make this work in the General. This is designed as what RF calls "plug and play" (yeah right). They are so vague in what works with what machine, typical right hand doesn't know what left hand is doing. You must have started with a new install of Ride Command and not installed from the factory.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I will wait and see what RF says if they even answer my question. The General Ride Command has a completely different harness than the RZR. My General does not have the Audio Amp 1,2 or 3 connectors that are in a RZR. From what I can tell I would need a harness from a RZR to make this work in the General. This is designed as what RF calls "plug and play" (yeah right). They are so vague in what works with what machine, typical right hand doesn't know what left hand is doing. You must have started with a new install of Ride Command and not installed from the factory.
It kinda sounds like the General has more than one style ride command unit. We also know you always need to understand the factory installed Fosgate systems are different than the dealer installed or aftermarket. Thats where the confusion is I think. But if you go to the Fosgate website it clearly says the RFPOL-RC5 will work with the TM1000x5 amp for ALL Ride Command equipped utvs. But if I understand your post...your saying that your ride command does not have the proper audio amp 1,2 or 3 connectors. Is this correct? The pic you posted is the factory 400w amp which you should be taking out. You should also be replacing the harness that goes to the factory amp. The new harness should go from ride command unit to new amp...right? So how are the speakers and sub "tapped"? I'm just trying to understand what going on, not trying to be smartass!

·
Registered
2021 General XP 1000
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Yes it is a Polaris harness issue. It does not have the extra needed connectors to plug into the RFPOL-RC5. This wouldn't be so bad but I sent two questions to RF tech support asking them all the details and what I would need. They said YES the RFPOL-RC5 would work with my General. I gave them the year and specific model I have. Both times I was assured it would work.

It kinda sounds like the General has more than one style ride command unit. We also know you always need to understand the factory installed Fosgate systems are different than the dealer installed or aftermarket. Thats where the confusion is I think. But if you go to the Fosgate website it clearly says the RFPOL-RC5 will work with the TM1000x5 amp for ALL Ride Command equipped utvs. But if I understand your post...your saying that your ride command does not have the proper audio amp 1,2 or 3 connectors. Is this correct? The pic you posted is the factory 400w amp which you should be taking out. You should also be replacing the harness that goes to the factory amp. The new harness should go from ride command unit to new amp...right? So how are the speakers and sub "tapped"? I'm just trying to understand what going on, not trying to be smartass!

·
Premium Member
2019 RC Edition
53 Posts
CA3980D3-2676-42E1-A444-6CCBCF00D93C.png
Can you take a pic of the entire area under your upper dash panel that you removed? These harness connectors for mine were right at the top and middle under the dash. Looks like the one in this guys right hand.

·
Registered
2021 General XP 1000
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Everything but the amp install kit came from Amazon so it is all getting returned. The wiring kit came from RF direct so I dare them to hassle me on a return. I could cut the harness and wire direct and make it work but it just isn't worth it and the chance of intermittent problems. I will live with the way it sounds. Maybe this thread will save others the hassle of trying.

Can you take a pic of the entire area under your upper dash panel that you removed?
The plugs needed are just not there.

·
Premium Member
2019 RC Edition
53 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 RC Edition
53 Posts
I never heard of different Ride Command units other than the 5 button vs. the 7 button.

·
Registered
2021 General XP 1000
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
The unit is the same it is the wiring harness that is different. Comparing the pinouts on the back of the ride command from the RZR wiring diagram they are the same. The RZR harness has the three amplifier breakout plugs to allow a true front, rear and sub system. Hope this makes sense.

I never heard of different Ride Command units other than the 5 button vs. the 7 button.

·
Premium Member
2019 RC Edition
53 Posts
Sounds like Polaris uses an entirely different harness when they factory install a RF system. Also sounds to me like Polaris owes you your original harness, that I’m certain you paid for with the price of the machine.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts