Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2021 General XP 1000
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried this adapter with the RF TM1000X5ad amplifier and get independent front and rear fade from the Ride Command? Thanks

·
Registered
2021 General XP 1000
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I sent Rockford Fosgate an email asking this.
Does the RFPOL-RC5 give the radio the ability to now fade the front and rear speakers independently if used with the RF TM1000X5ad amp?
Here is the lame reply.
Thanks for contacting us. Yes, if that feature is available on the Ride Command then it would.

·
Premium Member
2019 RC Edition
52 Posts
I have the RFPOL-RC3 installed with a TM400X-AD, two 6.5” RF speakers, a sub and the original Ride Command sound bar and I get fade front and rear, with the sound bar being the front channel and the RF 6.5” as the rear. It sounds exceptional.

·
Registered
2021 General XP 1000
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you using Ride Command as your radio?

I have the RFPOL-RC3 installed with a TM400X-AD, two 6.5” RF speakers, a sub and the original Ride Command sound bar and I get fade front and rear, with the sound bar being the front channel and the RF 6.5” as the rear. It sounds exceptional.

·
Premium Member
2019 RC Edition
52 Posts
Yes, I am. The original sound bar is plugged into harness #1 coming off the RC, the 6.5” speakers is coming off of harness #2 and the sub off of #3.

·
Registered
2021 General XP 1000
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry for so many questions. So the RFPOL-RC5 adapter has a separate harness output for front, rear and sub? Thanks for your help!

Yes, I am. The original sound bar is plugged into harness #1 coming off the RC, the 6.5” speakers is coming off of harness #2 and the sub off of #3.

·
Premium Member
2019 RC Edition
52 Posts
Not a problem. That’s correct. The RC5 is designed for a 5 channel amp, the TM1000X5AD, or any 5 channel amp. But the speakers you use should be able to handle the power that amp puts out. If you put 65 watt speakers with that amp, it’ll sound like crap and you’ll kill the speakers in short order as it is 100 watts per channel and 200 to the sub.

The Ride Command unit has 3 output harnesses, labeled 1, 2 and 3. Each harness provides stereo output, left and right, the balance control. Harness 1 and 2 provides full range output, and harness 3 is dedicated to the lower frequencies, for the sub, but still in stereo.

With the Ride Command, you already have the sound bar. It has an independent 20 watt (I think) amp built into it, and it is connected to output harness 1. In my opinion, it (the sound bar), is sufficient for the higher frequencies with the 3.5” speakers and the 20 watt amp, since it is literally inches from your ears.

If you use the 5 channel amp with the RC5, you will need to disconnect your sound bar and purchase an extra set of speakers for the front (or rear) channel of the TM1000.

By using the RC3 with the 4 channel, 400 watt amp, I kept the sound bar as is (~20 watts), used output harness 2 for the newly installed 6.5”, 150 watt speakers, plugged into the front input of the amp (~100 watts per channel output x2), and used output 3 for the rear output of the amp. Since I only have 1 subwoofer, I bridged the output of the 2 rear channels, giving me about 180 watts to the sub. Sounds great.

It’s not as complicated as it sounds. It’s actually pretty easy once you get in there and look at everything.

·
Registered
2021 General XP 1000
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you very much for all your help and info. I have the Stage IV RF system with the two speakers in the foot well and the two above my head and the sub under the dash. I am thinking of using the TM1000X5AD amp for my setup. Does this sound like a good plan? I can always upgrade the speakers later. Thanks again.

Not a problem. That’s correct. The RC5 is designed for a 5 channel amp, the TM1000X5AD, or any 5 channel amp. But the speakers you use should be able to handle the power that amp puts out. If you put 65 watt speakers with that amp, it’ll sound like crap and you’ll kill the speakers in short order as it is 100 watts per channel and 200 to the sub.

The Ride Command unit has 3 output harnesses, labeled 1, 2 and 3. Each harness provides stereo output, left and right, the balance control. Harness 1 and 2 provides full range output, and harness 3 is dedicated to the lower frequencies, for the sub, but still in stereo.

With the Ride Command, you already have the sound bar. It has an independent 20 watt (I think) amp built into it, and it is connected to output harness 1. In my opinion, it (the sound bar), is sufficient for the higher frequencies with the 3.5” speakers and the 20 watt amp, since it is literally inches from your ears.

If you use the 5 channel amp with the RC5, you will need to disconnect your sound bar and purchase an extra set of speakers for the front (or rear) channel of the TM1000.

By using the RC3 with the 4 channel, 400 watt amp, I kept the sound bar as is (~20 watts), used output harness 2 for the newly installed 6.5”, 150 watt speakers, plugged into the front input of the amp (~100 watts per channel output x2), and used output 3 for the rear output of the amp. Since I only have 1 subwoofer, I bridged the output of the 2 rear channels, giving me about 180 watts to the sub. Sounds great.

It’s not as complicated as it sounds. It’s actually pretty easy once you get in there and look at everything.

·
Premium Member
2019 RC Edition
52 Posts
It does, it is designed specifically for that speaker configuration. Use the RC5 interface. Plug in the corresponding harnesses into the Ride Command harnesses and you’ll be golden.

The bad news is, that amp is on backorder until sometime in October...

·
Premium Member
2019 RC Edition
52 Posts
You may be able to find it elsewhere, but the first TM400 I received was defective and it took 7 weeks to get the replacement. Worth the wait though.

·
Registered
2021 General XP 1000
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Found both the harness and TM1000X5AD on Amazon. Now I need to start thinking about where to mount the amp.

·
Premium Member
2019 RC Edition
52 Posts
The sub enclosure is designed to mount the amp right on top of it. If you can find the Rockford Fosgate mounting bracket, that would be ideal, and they extend the warranty on the amp by an extra year if you use it.

Be sure to wire and fuse everything to spec.

·
Registered
2021 General XP 1000
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Would you have the part number for the mounting bracket? Thanks

The sub enclosure is designed to mount the amp right on top of it. If you can find the Rockford Fosgate mounting bracket, that would be ideal, and they extend the warranty on the amp by an extra year if you use it.

Be sure to wire and fuse everything to spec.

·
Registered
2021 General XP 1000
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So I have everything in hand but the harness. I have the dash cover removed and there is a large multi pin connector into the sub amp. Looking at the diagram for the RFPOL-RC5 and it does not look like the plugs match up? Any help will be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2019 RC Edition
52 Posts
If so, then you do not require, or should you use, a separate subwoofer amp. All amplification is handled by the TM1000.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts