Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have the Polaris rock sliders yet? I see they have two versions, a low profile and a standard. the standard look like they may stick out quiet a bit? can anyone attest to this? is it too much? do the low profiles provide enough protection?

thanks,

·
Super Moderator
1,000 Posts
I ordered the Standard i though they looked more rugged than the low profile ones

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree....I'm just concerned of overall width after installation. I came from the Rzr world and I'm trying to stick as close the the 62" as I can.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have the standard ones. I have not had them out on the trail, but was a little worried after installing them that they might hit something, then I started studying them a little closer. They stick out 4-3/4" from the bottom of the machine to the outside of the sliders. Not as much as it looks actually. The doors also bow out. I'm estimating they only stick out about 1-1/2" beyond the bow in the door.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Here are a few pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
Just depends on how and where ya ride. The tubes are great for tree protection but worthless in the rocks:surprise: They get hung up on everything:| Had a set on my RZR and yanked them off after 2 rides. But remember we have a lot more rocks than trees here in SoCal:grin2: I would be patient cause it won't be long before Factory UTV comes out with a full UHMW skid set that will include the rocker protection.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I ordered the new standard rock sliders yesterday. We have played hard with ours, and on a trail last week, we hit a rut, and tossed us sideways, scratching the door on a tree. Hoping these prevent that going forward

·
Registered
223 Posts
I ordered the new standard rock sliders yesterday. We have played hard with ours, and on a trail last week, we hit a rut, and tossed us sideways, scratching the door on a tree. Hoping these prevent that going forward
JB, how did the paint hold up on your door? Anyway you can do a pic of it?

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'm slow I guess. I can't get it to post. I have uploaded a picture to my album on my profile page
Thanks JB, that's what I was thinking would happen. That's why I'm not a fan of painted plastics. If just plastic, it would have a ding. With the paint you get the ding and you can see the plastic underneath. At this point I'm thinking that I'll wait until next model year and hope they come out with ranger green, non painted.

I sometimes ride where the brush hugs the trail real tight and I can see what will happen, especially to the doors at the swell. I don't want to have to spend money touching up or repainting. Plain old colored plastic is the way for me but I'm not interested in red.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Thanks JB, that's what I was thinking would happen. That's why I'm not a fan of painted plastics. If just plastic, it would have a ding. With the paint you get the ding and you can see the plastic underneath. At this point I'm thinking that I'll wait until next model year and hope they come out with ranger green, non painted.

I sometimes ride where the brush hugs the trail real tight and I can see what will happen, especially to the doors at the swell. I don't want to have to spend money touching up or repainting. Plain old colored plastic is the way for me but I'm not interested in red.
If you closer at the pic. What is scratched off is the black sticker and not the paint. I can see blue under the black stickers. Correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
223 Posts
If you closer at the pic. What is scratched off is the black sticker and not the paint. I can see blue under the black stickers. Correct me if I'm wrong.

TRAPPER, you are correct. That's good to see!!! Im still hoping for a plain color plastic that's not red.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts