Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 General XP 1000 2 seat
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I was just wondering what the correct ride height would be for a 21 general Xp1000 2 seater and where would it be measured from?
Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Measured my shocks tonight. I jacked the front end up until both wheels were off the ground then measured bolt to bolt.

Came up with 25" on the front of my '22 XP4. I believe it is recommended to buy limit straps an inch or two short of that. Sounds like 23-24" straps are what mine will need.

Hope I did that right. Now back on topic!

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2016 Polaris General Deluxe, 10% OEM
4,813 Posts
You do not necessarily need them but it is highly recommended, they keep the shock from dropping all the way down. This is not good for the shock and when it does it you will normally hear a loud clunking.
Does the bottoming out of the shocks only happen when the front wheels leave the ground? I hear that clunking at times with my ST Fox 2.5 shocks. I'll guarantee the front wheels aren't off the ground. ST doesn't make limit straps for the General, yet. I keep waiting!
Pirate

·
Registered
2020XP4
2,118 Posts
Does the bottoming out of the shocks only happen when the front wheels leave the ground? I hear that clunking at times with my ST Fox 2.5 shocks. I'll guarantee the front wheels aren't off the ground. ST doesn't make limit straps for the General, yet. I keep waiting!
Pirate
I stopped mine from clunking by adjusting the rebound in small increments till the shock no longer clunked. It didn't take much.

·
Registered
2020XP4
2,118 Posts
On my 18G2 I had the Shock Therapy RC2s the same ones Pirate is running. They're awesome shocks, big money, and they are inflicted with the same wear issues as the spring kit they sell for the QS3s. In muddy riding the spring sliders wear on the shock body. They have high and low speed compression and rebound adjustment. They don't fit XP model Generals or otherwise I would still have them.

·
Registered
2019 rc
308 Posts
From what I have seen all aluminum bodied shocks are suffering the same fate, especially with ST springs. Look at RZR forum. ST considers the shock body to be a normal wear item!! Lol. After hours of fine tuning (clocking) my springs I was able to achieve a straight spring stack. I consider myself lucky not having a ton of mud where I ride, But I wash my sliders out real good almost every ride anyway.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts