Polaris General Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Polaris general 4 xp1000
31 Posts
OK I did the system update everything seems to be working fine I really like it so far. I just downloaded the whole map data on a jump drive it took like three hours. Since I’ve never updated the map I thought I would do the whole map. Obviously There’s enough memory in the ride command in the general correct. I’m going to try to install it tomorrow. Thanks for all the help it’s been greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2022 G4 Delux RC Ghost White (ordered 9/1/21) & 2017 Sportsman 570
487 Posts
I did the update, so far not much screen time but I will say that it is snappier switching screens. (someone else stated that) I'll keep posted if issues arrise!

·
Vendor
2020, Polaris General XP 4
129 Posts
OK I did the system update everything seems to be working fine I really like it so far. I just downloaded the whole map data on a jump drive it took like three hours. Since I’ve never updated the map I thought I would do the whole map. Obviously There’s enough memory in the ride command in the general correct. I’m going to try to install it tomorrow. Thanks for all the help it’s been greatly appreciated!

Hey Nissan36
Did your map date change when you uploaded to the new maps? See pic, this is mine after update so I am not sure if it uploaded successfully or not???

Gadget Font Output device Personal computer Screenshot

·
Registered
2021 Polaris general 4 xp1000
31 Posts
Hey Nissan36
Did your map date change when you uploaded to the new maps? See pic, this is mine after update so I am not sure if it uploaded successfully or not???

View attachment 79459
Mine turned out the same way as yours did but I’m glad to see the following reply that that is the base map because I didn’t think mine download correctly either but I think it has

·
Vendor
2020, Polaris General XP 4
129 Posts
@B's Fab
That date is correct, as it was the last date the base map was updated.
The trail maps are updated daily.

BTW, the software you're running is from July 21

Ya that pic was before I did the update. I just expected with doing the base map update that the date (4-24-20) would have updated.

Communication Device Font Gadget Display device Electronic device

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
So not worth downloading the large map base file if already showing 4-24-2020?
Correct.

Did the update today. Had to unpair my phone then pair it again, but bluetooth audio worked!! Played a half dozen songs without issue. Titles and artists weren't mixed up and when skipping songs it's almost instant and the text isn't delayed. So much better than the horrible July update already.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Is there a November 2022 update for the general? If so how do you get it?
Did you read this thread from the beginning? It’s title should answer that question. Go to the Polaris Ride Command site and download the file.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Did you read this thread from the beginning? It’s title should answer that question. Go to the Polaris Ride Command site and download the file.

Ok thanks

21 - 37 of 37 Posts