Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has downloaded and installed the November 2022 Update? Please feel free to report back if any issues were fixed, or if more issues were introduced than fixed.

I see they announced that more V2V messaging was added with cellular tethering. We were able to do V2V with our 2019 while on the trails with a pair of newer machines. So we will see how that changed.

· Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I pulled it down, and ran the update.

Initial thoughts, it seems to run faster navigating around and booting up. I also went into my phone and deleted Ride Command from my Bluetooth devices and did the same in the RC. I re-added it and it switched to my phone flawlessly when playing music. So hopefully they have fixed that issue as well.

The issues that folks have been having with volume, we almost 100% bluetooth issues as well. Since switching to FM as BT was crap, I didn't have any issues with volume. Maybe it was just me. I will add more comments as I get the chance to run the machine a bit and try the features. Everyone else report back your experience with this November Update. Crowd sourcing is the best way to find issues or confirm stability.

Good luck!

· Vendor
2020, Polaris General XP 4
129 Posts
I plan to load it this week and hopefully I don't hate it as much as the July update! I didn't really have any issues until I installed that July update and man did I live to regret that decision, hopefully this update fixes me up. 🙏

· Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ran around the property tonight and found that my Bluetooth and volume functions were working perfectly as well. The whole system seems to boot quicker and it switches screens faster.

That media reader could be handy when checking game cams or a GoPro on the trail. I would just need a USB card reader. Cool find!

· Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does the rear camera still stay on after you shift out of R? I'll keep watching the thread and if improvements are notable I will download and update.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
This seems to have been fixed. I had that issue usually only on first boot up one time, then it would not do it while going from forward to reverse. But it seems to have been fixed.

· Registered
5,900 Posts
Ours also.

· Registered
5,900 Posts
How big of a memory card do I need to download the update?
I think they recommend a 32 GB if you want to do the maps and basemap update.
The Ride Command updates are much smaller.
Don't forget to Format it to the right Format.

· Registered
2021 Polaris general 4 xp1000
31 Posts
Format USB drive:
• Right click on the USB drive and select FORMAT.
• Choose exFAT.
• Click START.
NOTE: You will lose what is on there, so if you want to keep any of it, copy/cut and paste somewhere else first.
View attachment 79437
Your such a huge help I will try it later tonight when I get off work thanks renob4x4

1 - 20 of 37 Posts