Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday on a ride, the ride command froze and would not track the run I was on. After loading the General up to go home after the ride, the Ride Command would not power down when the key was turn off and removed. I had to hold the power button down for about 5 to 10 sec before it would power off. Now the Ride Command will not turn on or turn off with the key. I have to push the power button to do that. The Ride Command has 7 buttons across the bottom with the Power button in the middle.Any ideas what is going on? I would like to get some idea before I call the dealer. The general is very new with only about 300 miles on it.Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you get the issue fixed? I have a new 2019 Ride Command General and mine is doing very similar thing. When I turn key on Ride Command does not power up. I have to press and hold the power button for about 5 seconds to turn it on. Works fine until i turn key off and then need to do same all over when turning General on.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My 2019 has been fine until today. Lost total miles, miles to service, and the display now will not shut off with key...just like above. I didn't have sound on any radio stations, until later...WTF. I was attempting to add my phone earlier. I also did an update to the software and trails map yesterday. Everything worked yesterday.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ok, I contacted Polaris Connections, they said take to dealership. I don't want kids working on my Polaris. So I downloaded the two latest updates, released a couple of days ago, a second time, #ORS7A9.R21950A.SWU & Map-Trail Update. I did a new software and trail & map update and everything came back and is working like it should.
Important....When updating your Ride Command, download the two update files to your computer, not directly to your USB flash drive. Then format your USB flash drive using ExFat. Then copy the two files from your computer to the USB Flash drive. When the copying is finished DON'T pull the Flash Drive out, you need to right click on the Flash Drive and click "Eject" then your computer should tell you it is safe to remove the USB Flash Drive. If you don't follow this step, you can get an error or corrupt file message.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts