Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Problem: While Ride command is powering up it blows the INFO fuse.

Background: 11/27/2021 I had the Ride Command Head Unit Replaced due to the USB port not working
Jan 2022 while plowing in wet snowy weather I started getting poor sound and crackling and static thru the speakers
Feb 2022 Ride command display went dead and I assumed it was a fuse but didn't fix it because I was just using the machine to plow.
Spring 2022 - Replaced INFO fuse, Ride command started to powerup then blew the fuse. Put in 2nd fuse and did the same thing.

Any advice on where I should should start looking to track down the problem? I don't really want to take it back to the dealer due to borrowing a trailer, driving some distance, and them having it the last time for a month. I know I need to look at tall he wires just not sure where to start and progress too for trouble shooting this issue.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any easy way to test the amp?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I corrected this thread...it was the 25A INFO fuse I keep blowing. I unplugged the amp put in a new fuse and Ride Command boots up now. So the problem is narrowed down from that point on. I have a new amp on order and will swap them out. If it's not the amp that's the problem then I guess I would just have an extra amp.

Does anyone know where the amp ground wire grounds at?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just a FYI I put a new amp in and all works again. A bad head unit and bad amp all within 2 years....ugh

Reactions: TMR XP4
1 - 6 of 6 Posts