Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2021 Ranger XP1000 Ultimate. From when it was almost brand new, the front camera has been intermittent. Then both cameras would only work some of the time. Now the entire ride command display turns itself off and reboots at random times while driving.
I did have the dealer look at it when it was just the camera issue, but as one might expect, it wouldn’t malfunction while it was in the shop. My concern now is that I am nearing the end of the warranty period, and I don’t want to get stuck with this problem being unresolved.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Saw mine do a restart while driving the other day. First real ride in this machine but it didn't seem right to me.

Sorry I don't know of a solution nor the cause.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2022 G4 Delux RC Ghost White (ordered 9/1/21) & 2017 Sportsman 570
380 Posts
I saw mine reboot a couple weeks ago on a local trail on my 22 XP4 RC, however last weekend up north all weekend I didn't notice it reboot at all. Odd. I think I am running the same software, July 21. The newest version has issues so Polaris pulled it off the website.

·
Premium Member
General XP 4 1000 Factory Edition, Shock Therapy, Rugged Radio, Factory UTV Skid, Hunterworks
498 Posts
Check your connections, at the back of RC unit, ensure it locks into position.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Nah, the RC software is flaky. This is probably not a hardware issue, as I have seen the flakiness change with every update. I have the most recent update on, (which is now gone off the RC website) but been too lazy to back rev it. The RC reboots, volume drops to zero, locks on rear cam when backing up, drops bluetooth.

These are all software issues. If I took the time to back rev it, I know it would be 90% stable again.

Check your version, and if it is different than the one posted as of today, back rev to it. If yours is that new, it may be on the flaky version from the factory. It's really a non issue. (until your breadcrumb trail gets dropped mid ride and you get lost)

Good luck.

·
Registered
2022 general xp4 RC ghost white
260 Posts
Mine reboots randomly also, and the volume on the stereo wont increase sometimes, it somes its increasing on the screen but sound doesn't actually increase so far only fix I've found is stop stop key off and restart machine

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nah, the RC software is flaky. This is probably not a hardware issue, as I have seen the flakiness change with every update. I have the most recent update on, (which is now gone off the RC website) but been too lazy to back rev it. The RC reboots, volume drops to zero, locks on rear cam when backing up, drops bluetooth.

These are all software issues. If I took the time to back rev it, I know it would be 90% stable again.

Check your version, and if it is different than the one posted as of today, back rev to it. If yours is that new, it may be on the flaky version from the factory. It's really a non issue. (until your breadcrumb trail gets dropped mid ride and you get lost)

Good luck.
I checked the software version on the website, and it’s the same version I’m running. I downloaded it to a thumb drive, but I’m not sure if it would do any good to reinstall the same version. Might give it a try.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tried the older (4/21) software version. No change. Also checked the plugs on the back of the RC unit. Nothing. I'll take it to the dealer but I'm not optimistic about that either.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have noticed that the camera issues clear up after I turn the engine off, then return after it’s been running awhile. Wondering if the RC is sensitive to the higher system voltage which is 14.2 when running, as opposed to 12.2 when off. I know this SHOULDN’T be a problem, but it’s the only thing I can think of that changes when running. I did not move the Ranger when trying this, it was just idling.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Mine reboots randomly also, and the volume on the stereo wont increase sometimes, it somes its increasing on the screen but sound doesn't actually increase so far only fix I've found is stop stop key off and restart machine
You can reboot ride command as well by holding the center button. I have had to do this plenty when the camera locks. I was rolling a neighbors lawn and had my rear camera on, so that I could monitor a 48" 950lb roller. It would lock up constantly. So I had to hold the center button to get it functional again.

·
Registered
2022 general xp4 RC ghost white
260 Posts
You can reboot ride command as well by holding the center button. I have had to do this plenty when the camera locks. I was rolling a neighbors lawn and had my rear camera on, so that I could monitor a 48" 950lb roller. It would lock up constantly. So I had to hold the center button to get it functional again.
Ok thanks i didn't know that, doing this will probably fix the stereo issue i have once and awhile

1 - 18 of 18 Posts