Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was getting ready for the first desert trip of the year last Friday. Everything almost packed. Get in and fire the G4 up. NO RC screen. When it was working just moments before. Got on that Google thing and saw that it might be a 10 amp ACC fuse. OK so we go to the desert without Ride Command. Great first trip of the year. Affirmation that a new truck camper is due. When I get home I pulled the fuse, looks ok. With the fuse out I attempted to start the General. Got clicking from the battery like it was low. Replaced the fuse and NOTHING! NO clicking . Wench and lights are out, however my AudioFormz roof still has juice. Any clues before I try to figure out how to get on my trailer? LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
with key in off position, can you get a reading on the battery using a voltmeter?
It was the battery. Figured out last night that I would try to jump it today. Used a GOOLoo power bank that I had onboard for the first time. Hey! They work. Yep the G4 fired up. The Ride Command screen came back as well. Google did show that some who had lost the RC screen had disconnected the battery and it was restored. Should have tried that first instead of draining the battery. LOL I might have left the key on and not noticed since the RC screen was out.
Thanks 5Star for the tip that I would have used, if I had a volt meter. But it was the right path you had.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
It was the battery. Figured out last night that I would try to jump it today. Used a GOOLoo power bank that I had onboard for the first time. Hey! They work. Yep the G4 fired up. The Ride Command screen came back as well. Google did show that some who had lost the RC screen had disconnected the battery and it was restored. Should have tried that first instead of draining the battery. LOL I might have left the key on and not noticed since the RC screen was out.
Thanks 5Star for the tip that I would have used, if I had a volt meter. But it was the right path you had.
Glad to hear you got it figured out. Bad power can do some strange things.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top