Polaris General Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I took my 2021 in for this issue which ended up being a ground issue grounded amp to chassis no more popping noise
Thanks for your input bud...I'm waiting on a new amp...dealer says end of March
I took my 2021 in for this issue which ended up being a ground issue grounded amp to chassis no more popping noise
Thanks for your input bud, waiting on a new amp...dealer says end of March

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same is of the popping/crackling sound/noise coming from the speakers and then system cuts out. is the fix to have Polaris replace the amp under warranty work? I also have an issue with changing speaker to the rear speakers - no sound. Is this another issue that should be covered under warranty and possibly an amp issue as well? It is just frustrating that my new 2021 XP 4 1000 bought in January is having these issues. Need a fix fast because leaving for a ride on Arizona Peace Trail for 4 days/3 nights.

·
Registered
16 Posts
On my 2020 General XP 1000 Deluxe for some time I have been hearing a loud pop through the speakers, when I turned the engine off. Today while running a trail I get this loud pop followed by the engine sound being amplified through the Speakers. Radio no longer works as well. If I could figure a away to disconnect the speakers I would do it. Pretty much worthless anyway at the higher engine RPM's. Those of you that have Ride Command and Audio have you experienced any thing like that?
My General was doing the same thing. I did the latest firmware update and now have no volume. It is currently at dealership. Polaris has been working with dealer and told them to try a new head unit. Well been waiting almost a month for new head unit to come in. Techs put new head unit in, still no volume. So now Polaris says amplifier now so waiting for new amp now lol.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
My General was doing the same thing. I did the latest firmware update and now have no volume. It is currently at dealership. Polaris has been working with dealer and told them to try a new head unit. Well been waiting almost a month for new head unit to come in. Techs put new head unit in, still no volume. So now Polaris says amplifier now so waiting for new amp now lol.
My guess you Amp was the problem. Since mine was replaced i have had no other issues, except for occasional pop on shut down.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same problem everyone else has, radio is a piece of crap and dealer gets no support from Polaris. They already supposedly changed the head once, probably replaced with a reman defective unit because this one is worse than the last one. Guess what, find out after the fact that the Bluetooth wont hook up with 2020 Ipod and my new Moto Edge phone. In the print material is says high quality radio and no mention the BT only supports certain devices. In WV that's known as Commercial Fraud. I'm thinking of Lemon Law'ing them, it applies to these things also. I'm taking it to a radio shop tomorrow, maybe they can figure it out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yeah I am going to pick my machine up today. Been at dealer for a month still not fixed. Waiting for parts that polaris is just throwing at it and expects me or dealer to pick up tab I call BS. No blaming on the dealer all the blame on Polaris.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts