Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 2020 General XP 1000 Deluxe for some time I have been hearing a loud pop through the speakers, when I turned the engine off. Today while running a trail I get this loud pop followed by the engine sound being amplified through the Speakers. Radio no longer works as well. If I could figure a away to disconnect the speakers I would do it. Pretty much worthless anyway at the higher engine RPM's. Those of you that have Ride Command and Audio have you experienced any thing like that?

·
Registered
2020XP4
1,162 Posts
In my experience with audio system in vehicles, it sounds like a ground issue. Make sure all the wires are properly clipped into the connectors and plugged in tight. Check grounds on the chassis. The noise is "alternator whine". The poor grounding allows the AC current made by the stator to leak into the sound system. When in my teens and twenties, we had some huge sound systems. Proper grounding was always the key to keeping the alternator whine at bay.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Buelligan666 Thank you for that reply and info. I will have to check and see if I can find the grounds. I hate taking my General to a dealer and have it tied up for a spell for I run mine every day. It still is under factory warranty I may take it back to the dealer.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Finding these little "Gremlins" can be a pain in the behind.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I contacted my Dealer and Polaris regarding the issue. Ironically, my dealer service mgr said they had one come in with same issue yesterday and was waiting on Polaris to respond as what is going on. Moreover, he said to disconnect the speakers to see if I get the roar to go away. It did not! The noise continued and was very loud with speakers disconnected and I have determined that it has to be in the dash probably the Sub Woofer.
More importantly, I discovered that a 25 amp fuse in the fuse box by the battery is what supplies the power to entertainment center and other Ride Command features. That took care of the loud unbearable noise until Polaris comes up with an answer to the issue. I now own a 2020 General 1000 XP without Ride Command! :):)

·
Registered
2020XP4
1,162 Posts
Worst case they replace the Ride Command, or amplifier, or both.

I had a Can-Am Commander LTD. It had a Jensen radio that was just a remote unit for a boat application. It didn't have good sound or volume. If you could get a hold of the main head unit for the system, you could make a lot more adjustments. Or so I heard. The commander also had a dock for a Garmin handheld gps. Everything was older tech. When I saw the General with Ride Command I was set on wanting one. To shorten the story, I couldn't find a 17 RC left over (this was 2018). I don't like red, so the 18 RC was out. My girlfriend found an ad for Snow"s Polaris in Chicora, PA. 2018 General Limited Edition (hero edition) already outfitted with Sedona beadlocks, 28" Ripsaw tires (junk), upper bumper, and a Probox Rocks roof. I was sceptical at first, since I wanted the ride command. Then I started reading of some of problems that guys were having with the ride command. Complaints about the factory sound bar not being loud enough to hear at speed. Also some GPS issues. I decided it was too gimmicky for me. So we went and looked at the one at Snow's. The Probox roof has Front 40" light bar, rear 8" light bar, dome light, Bluetooth control, aux in with USB charging, and 4- 6x9s powered by a 500 watt amp. When they turned it on in the showroom, wow! It filled the showroom with great sounding music. I was sold. With everything else I added on top of what they had already done, I was still $2500 under the ride command model. I'll admit, GPS would be nice on our trips to Hatfield and Windrock, but I love the setup. Get tons of compliments on the whole rig.

Hopefully they'll get you fixed up soon and you won't have to ride in silence.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[B]Buelligan666[/B] I spoke with Stewart at Polaris today and have been working with him on some of the Ride Command issues earlier. I am hopeful they will come up with a resolution for the problems. They are so far behind the curve with their GPS set up when compared to Garmin and others out there. I like you once I saw the big screen and some of the features I wanted it as my old Garmin Montana was getting tired and so are my eyes too. So i am back to trusting my of faithful Garmin Montana. :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Did you ever get th
On my 2020 General XP 1000 Deluxe for some time I have been hearing a loud pop through the speakers, when I turned the engine off. Today while running a trail I get this loud pop followed by the engine sound being amplified through the Speakers. Radio no longer works as well. If I could figure a away to disconnect the speakers I would do it. Pretty much worthless anyway at the higher engine RPM's. Those of you that have Ride Command and Audio have you experienced any thing like that?
Did you ever get this fixed, and if so, what was wrong? My 2020 XP 4 is doing the exact same thing. I did have some stereo work done last week, but I had loud popping when shutting key off every time before and it continued until today when the whole system went dark. After riding for a bit, screen came on and everything worked. Parked the unit for a bit and next ride just had speaker whine and no music at all. Pretty sure it’s electrical interference as I flip my turn signal and I can hear it through the speakers loud as day and when I apply the brake and brake lights kick on, the speakers tick.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Yes I did get it taken care of, however, no thanks to the dealer or Polaris. After several weeks of complaining I went directly to Rockford Fosgate who happens to be near me in Tempe, Arizona. I spoke to a gentleman there and he was so nice and willing to help me out. I removed the Old Amp and they replaced if with a new one. Then I reported it to my dealer Service Mgr. to find out afters weeks of complaining he had never filed a claim with Polaris. So much for dealer support! It works great now and with the latest Ride Command update, it really increased the volume where you can actually hear it going down the road.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes I did get it taken care of, however, no thanks to the dealer or Polaris. After several weeks of complaining I went directly to Rockford Fosgate who happens to be near me in Tempe, Arizona. I spoke to a gentleman there and he was so nice and willing to help me out. I removed the Old Amp and they replaced if with a new one. Then I reported it to my dealer Service Mgr. to find out afters weeks of complaining he had never filed a claim with Polaris. So much for dealer support! It works great now and with the latest Ride Command update, it really increased the volume where you can actually hear it going down the road.
I’m having the same issue and I just bought the General 2 days ago. Dead end talking to Polaris. Trying to work with the Dealer on returning the sxs or having them install the correct amp that works or refund me the RC RF Stage 4 upgrade.

Can you please find out what amp make/model they used with your system? I’d like to provide this info to the dealership by 9 PST tomorrow. Thx! Mike

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wish i could, it is buried in the dash and a pain to get too with my tip out windshield. If it is any help it is what OEM put in and that is what Rockford Fosgate replaced it with.

·
Registered
3 Posts
mine was making the popping sound thru speakers and then the engine sound came amplifying thru the ride command, I was out in the middle of nowhere so no way to fix, it was annoying for 2 days then it eventually got quieter and quit, amazingly ride command and stereo still work.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bowers mine did exactly the same thing after a few hours of use. Mine didn't go away. The new Amp took care of it.

·
Registered
2020 XP4
20 Posts
It was replaced under warranty with another OEM one and so far all is good.
Whats going on fellaz...I had the same issue start 2 days ago .. 2020 xp with ride command bought in June .I jumped on here and confirmed my suspicion, I did pull the 25amp fuse because my battery died, I thought it was a ground issue or something with the amp anyway I called my dealer to ask and they said they have heard of this issue. I have an appt already for the clutch recall on Friday so they are going to take a look at the ride command system..fingers crossed...thanx for the info, I will tell my dealer about what I learned here..

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2020 Polaris 1000 North Star with a MB Quartz radio the volume turned up to 40 (max) isn’t very loud....what can do? Any help please

·
Registered
2021 General Delux XP-4
34 Posts
I took my 2021 in for this issue which ended up being a ground issue grounded amp to chassis no more popping noise

1 - 20 of 32 Posts