Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok when i shift from any gear to reverse sometimes it seems to get inbetewwn gears and will grind alittle before engaging. has anyone else had any problems with this or is it just me not getting it fully in gear. Also i notice today on my guage cluster that when i have it in reverse the R is flashing but all other gears its solid is that normal. This is my first sxs and be better safe than sorry. thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
every polaris out there other than the 800 does it just be gentle when you first go to take off eventually you will get the hang of it and feel it when its actually in gear

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys makes me feel alittle better. Youd think polaris could tighten that up alittle or somthing to make the engement alttle more smoother. But this is my first sxs so im still learning.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Thanks guys makes me feel alittle better. Youd think polaris could tighten that up alittle or somthing to make the engement alttle more smoother. But this is my first sxs so im still learning.
My dealer told me when I bought it that they felt this general was smother then previous years and models.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I believe when the R is flashing on the insterment cluster it is telling you that you are not in gear all the way. And be careful when giving it gas in reverse after shifting out of another gear, they have been knowned to break the reverseing chain. So put it in reverse and tap the throttle and make for sure it is engaged.

Reactions: Trapper

·
Registered
374 Posts
I believe when the R is flashing on the insterment cluster it is telling you that you are not in gear all the way. And be careful when giving it gas in reverse after shifting out of another gear, they have been knowned to break the reverseing chain. So put it in reverse and tap the throttle and make for sure it is engaged.
I noticed this for the first time this weekend. I was fully engaged in reverse, backed up 15-20 feet without issues.

I'm guessing the flashing "R" is an alert to the driver. If anyone shuts off the vehicle in gear, when they start it up, they should notice the flashing "R" before mashing the gas pedal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts