Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to hook up reverse lights? I only ask because from the Teryx I'm coming from there was a hook up in the wiring harness that you could tie in to and could get access to the lights and hook up lights for reverse. I know most people use LED cubes for backing up, I'm looking just so people know I'm in reverse. A lot of people used the Eagle Eye lights to do this.

I still haven't received my General yet so it will be a mod when I get it if so. It's going to be awesome, just wait!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's a pair of wires on top of the engine, that supposedly get energized when in reverse. I plan to put mine to use, once I decide on which lights to get.
Does the dash/gauge cluster have a light telling you when the machine is in reverse? These aren't my pictures, just found them, I had an older model. But I've seen a set of these working and they are bright. So people will know when you're in reverse. Here are a couple links to some if anyone is interested.

2X 9W LED DRL Eagle Eye Car Fog Daytime Reverse Aple Parking Signal Light Lamp | eBay

2 x White LED Eagle Eye Bulbs Backup LED Daytime Light License Plate Light 6W | eBay

2pcs Car Motorcycle 10W LED Eagle Eye Backup Light DRL Running Lamp Silver | eBay

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yeah I plan on running a reverse light that auto engages off the back up beeper wire over the motor... it shouldn't be hard but I'm pretty you will need to run a relay. I'm going to run the relay to a switch so if my buddy is behind me on the trail i wont blind him all the time.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yeah I plan on running a reverse light that auto engages off the back up beeper wire over the motor... it shouldn't be hard but I'm pretty you will need to run a relay. I'm going to run the relay to a switch so if my buddy is behind me on the trail i wont blind him all the time.

No relay needed. I have already tested the back up beeper wiring for reverse lights and it worked perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
806 Posts
Black/white and red/dark blue according to the service manual. The wires are just sitting on top of the engine near the taillight wiring according to my memory.:wink2:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
these are the only 2 wires I see on the top of the motor that are free. But the red is hot all the time no matter what gear I'm in. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hmmm well it's brand new as of yesterday. Are those the wires?

When I put a light on it in park the light was very dim. When in reverse very bright. When I turned the machine off it was still ok but very dim.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So by getting that set up with the relay would stop it from being dim when in ogre gears? Why have other people done this without a relay and don't have the same problem?

·
Registered
710 Posts
I used those wires and a small flat led light and while the machine is running the light is always on but very very dim and when I shift into reverse it lights up good. When you shut the machine off the light will stay on (very dim) for about a minute or so and then go out. Works great

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok I put mine on this evening. The wires on top of the motor are correct. At least for me I guess. When the key is on the lights are very dim. When the key is turned off they stay on for about a minute longer than the other lights but do go out. When in reverse they are very bright. Too bright at night to take a good picture but here you can see on the outside there is a white light.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I used a 4 prong 40amp which is way more than you need but that's all the parts store by me had in stock.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 75 Posts