Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got to play with my G4 at night at the lake last week and quickly realized I had no light behind me when I was backing up! So I ordered some recessed LED lights and put them in the tailgate, wired to the factory reverse light wires with a relay. I love the way it turned out and it is super bright when backing now!

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
They look great!!! Nice job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Looks really good. Did you put connectors on the wires if you have to take your endgate off?

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Can you post the link to the lights so I can purchase them? I'm planning on purchasing this wire harness for the lights:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lights

You can wire it yourself to save a little money using a relay like this

And a quick disconnect like this so you can still remove the tailgate

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Nice! Thanks

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Finally installed the reverse lights.

Reactions: TaterTots

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
The Ryfab bed cover is my favorite accessory. Its a bit pricey with shipping but well worth it. We're going to Hatfield McCoy tomorrow for a long weekend and that's where it's really appreciated. I pack a crap load of tools, coolers, etc. in in for long trips. We will probably do over a 100 miles on Saturday. When we stop at a restaurant we are able to lock it up while inside.

Reactions: Johnny 7

·
Registered
104 Posts
Any of you have them wired to a switch as well? I have a pair en route to me and want them to be dual purpose for backup and if I just need to light up behind me for whatever reason.

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Any of you have them wired to a switch as well? I have a pair en route to me and want them to be dual purpose for backup and if I just need to light up behind me for whatever reason.
Yes this harness can be ordered with a switch as well for around $60. Plug and play.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yes this harness can be ordered with a switch as well for around $60. Plug and play.

Thank you

·
Registered
104 Posts
Just my luck, backordered. Any other suggestions for a similar product?

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Reactions: jrmcgill

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Just my luck, backordered. Any other suggestions for a similar product?
That’s what the site said when I ordered mine but it only took about a week. I’d call them to see how long first. Great product.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts