Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Polaris General 1000
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2016 General was in an accident and I need to remove the front "bumper" as well as the fenders to replace them. Any suggestions on where the "bumper" bolts are, I have removed two of the bolts but can't locate the others.
My General is obviously the one on the left. The other guy blew a drive belt and locked up all his tires skidding him to the right. I figured I could get past him but his car then snapped back to the left and my right tire impacted his left front.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020XP4
2,218 Posts
The front bumper has plastic caps, remove those and the bolts are under there. You will have to reach in through the grill opening and hold the bolt heads with a wrench, then use an extension on a ratchet and remove the nuts. I have never removed the front fenders. Most that stuff is all held on with push pins. Download the service manual here

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The front bumper has plastic caps, remove those and the bolts are under there. You will have to reach in through the grill opening and hold the bolt heads with a wrench, then use an extension on a ratchet and remove the nuts. I have never removed the front fenders. Most that stuff is all held on with push pins. Download the service manual here
Thank you for the response. I will check it out tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
My 2016 General was in an accident and I need to remove the front "bumper" as well as the fenders to replace them. Any suggestions on where the "bumper" bolts are, I have removed two of the bolts but can't locate the others.
My General is obviously the one on the left. The other guy blew a drive belt and locked up all his tires skidding him to the right. I figured I could get past him but his car then snapped back to the left and my right tire impacted his left front.
Ruh-Roh
Glad no one got hurt.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To everyone who has responded, I have removed the entire front end and will need the entire nose piece, both fenders and the driver's door.
If anyone knows where I might find these pieces, would certainly appreciate the lead.
Thank you for all of your assistance.

/Martin

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If anyone needs assistance in removing the front end of their Polaris General, I will be more than happy to help walk you through the process although I am certain that there are folks out there with quite a bit mor experience in this procedure than I have.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts