Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say that this forum is a good source of information and I am glad to join this forum. I used to be a member of the midsize ranger forum but now that I got a General it was time to change. I have already dealt with Alaskan47 and he is a great guy who makes a quality product!

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
Welcome rg1000 also fairly new here sold a ranger full size and am now waiting on first 17 general deluxe at my dealer the wait is unbearable.

Reactions: Alaskan47

·
Registered
103 Posts
Well I finally got the first picture of mine. It's not much but this is the first I've seen of it. It means it's actually being worked on and I'll get it soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
Looks great! nice cage. cant wait to see what's been done to suspension. getting stuff around for mine for the weekend off next weekend but not going as far as you LoL..:wink2::grin2:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Cage, light bars, stealth10, winch, S3 lift and a arms, snorkels, turned reverse chain and gear reduction. I have a vendetta bumper on the way. Running raceline twist with outback max.

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
Dang dude!:surprise: If your going to spend the money mite as get what you want!! :grin2:

·
Registered
103 Posts
That's exactly right. Get it done under warranty and done right the first time.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Skidz, you should start a build thread, and photo document your progress. :)
Maybe but the thing is, is I'm not building it, it's all getting done by the shop. I wanted it done this way so it's all under warranty and done right the first time. I custom built my old Teryx and didn't want to go through the **** I did with it. There are a few things I'm going to do when I get it but trust me, you'll see plenty of pictures of it when I get it!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Maybe someone knows more about this than me as far as warranty goes but to my knowledge Polaris doesn't offer an extended warranty. They give you the 6 month factory warranty and anything longer than that is sold through a separate company other than Polaris. On big warranty claims (motor, diffs, tranny, reverse chain possibly) the warranty company will send a rep to go look over the rig and determine if it is user error or Polaris' fault. So my question is even if you buy from your dealer and they do all the work, if your extended warranty company deems it is your fault..which I assume they will for heavily modified machine..they won't warranty your rig. Maybe someone can clarify this for me.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I bought my Polaris factory warranty through the dealer. It was the same exact warranty for 54 months. I got mine for a deal $1150. They call it a 5 year but they count your 6 months factory when purchased as 6 of the 60 months giving you 54

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
I bought my Polaris factory warranty through the dealer. It was the same exact warranty for 54 months. I got mine for a deal $1150. They call it a 5 year but they count your 6 months factory when purchased as 6 of the 60 months giving you 54
That's exactly how it was given to me by my dealer also!

Reactions: Trapper
1 - 20 of 22 Posts