Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed any rear facing LEDs or Lights? I guess i'm thinking practically, but the whole purpose of the General is to bridge the gap between a RZR and Ranger.

We own a farm, have a campground on the farm, and also take the 4wheelers down trails etc, so the General seemed the the perfect machine for my needs.

My thought was to have a Rear Facing LED light/lights so I could switch them on when loading the back w/ firewood, backing up, or working on something in the bed.

Thoughts? Where would/did you mount? and what lights did you use?

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
The inside of the tailgate is mostly hollow so I dropped the wires down through the bottom and ran them next to wires that were already run from the factory for something else. I ran them to a switch on my panel of knock outs. I want full control of the lights, not have them come on in reverse and not be able to turn them on when not in reverse.

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
I put yellow tape on the backup light wires just to show where they are run. I learned the best way to run wires is to follow wires already run from the factory, that way you know the path they routed wires should be free of rubbing or binding.

Attachments

·
1,563 Posts
image.jpg
How did they mount? Is there a spot for them? or did you use a particular mount?
They mount directly to the roof. 3/8 hole for the wire. Cheap but work. I can buy a lot of these compared to rigid but I gotta say, I really like the lights Bags put on. They do look like they were made for it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts