Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2022 XP Trailhead
211 Posts
On the XP model, the Pro Armor XGF 30x10x15 are on the front, and XGR 30x10x15 are on the rear as stock tire setup. The tires are the same size, but the tread pattern is different. The front tires are directional, but the rear is not. Are you talking about running XGR (rear tires) on all four wheels? If so, yes, that will work. On my XP, the front are wearing much faster than the rear. I have thought about buying a set of the XGR, when the front XGF wear out, therefore having them on all four wheels.

· Registered
691 Posts
If you have a non xp gen the fronts are 6" wide rims and rears are 8" wide rims.. you can put all 4 6" wide rims on with no mods.. if running the 8" wheels you need 2 inch wheel spacers to clear on front control arms where shock mount is and to clear the tie rod where it connects to spindle knuckle.. if you have an xp gen all rims are the same but the tires are different for steering

· Registered
2020XP4
2,350 Posts
On the XP model, the Pro Armor XGF 30x10x15 are on the front, and XGR 30x10x15 are on the rear as stock tire setup. The tires are the same size, but the tread pattern is different. The front tires are directional, but the rear is not. Are you talking about running XGR (rear tires) on all four wheels? If so, yes, that will work. On my XP, the front are wearing much faster than the rear. I have thought about buying a set of the XGR, when the front XGF wear out, therefore having them on all four wheels.
OP owns a 2019 General Deluxe, not an XP.

· Premium Member
2016 Polaris General Deluxe, 10% OEM
5,022 Posts
Ummm...my 2016 General likes the same rims on all four corners and the same tires on all four corners.
You can run stock rear rims on the front without problems. If you're running 30" tires, you might have a bit of a rub in hard, full over, turns. If you can't live with that bit of noise, get your machine on
flat concrete, turn the wheel hard over in each direction and mark where contact is occurring. Well, tape a piece of white paper on the firewall and mark where contact is occurring.
Then check the cab side of the firewall to see what is around where the contact occurs. If there is nothing critical there (its been a while since I did this) get out your $35 Ace Hardwar heat gun
and warm the contact area until its a bit soft...doesn't take long. Then use a ball peen hammer, I like the rounded end, and pound the plastic firewall in a bit. Repeat these steps until you have enough clearance not to rub. This will take some riding so that you know what happens at full suspension compression.
This help?
Pirate

· Premium Member
2016 Polaris General Deluxe, 10% OEM
5,022 Posts
I would be saving up to get 14x7 wheels all the way around. Better tire life. Plus if you rip a rear tire, where the power is, and it takes, say 7 plugs to get it sealed. Move that tire to the front and
a good one to the rear. That way you aren't applying all the torque on the plugs. Been there done that, it works.
Pirate

1 - 10 of 10 Posts