Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I’m an avid hunter snd shot a deer last night and grabbed the new general to go get it. What I realize is that a rear light would be awesome looking for ideas?? I do have a back windshield. Obviously I could just throw. Another light bar on the back just checking to see what others have done

·
Registered
224 Posts
I was in the same situation, but we were shooting pigs lol. This is what I did. I had some sheet aluminum that I cut out to reinforce the plastic roof. Just sandwiched it up there and then riveted into place and then bolted the light to that. Then just wired them up. I have them on a 3 position switch. On, off, on with reverse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That looks nice and a great idea I really just do not want a full light bar on the rear thanks for replying

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
If you watch some of LongSlyde's youtube videos of his installs on Polaris Generals, you will see what he used on his and on our old 17 General. We are in the process of doing the same to our 21 General XP.

·
Registered
2021 General XP 4 ride command super graphite
161 Posts
Super bright pro armour 10inch flood. Works awesome. The whole reason I put it on was to load deer and beer into the back.

·
Premium Member
(Ordered) General XP 4 1000 Factory Edition
270 Posts
If you watch some of LongSlyde's youtube videos of his installs on Polaris Generals, you will see what he used on his and on our old 17 General. We are in the process of doing the same to our 21 General XP.
Is this KW Customs?

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
TW Kustoms

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
If one goes to Youtube and types in Polaris General Accessory Wiring
Lots of videos on wiring.

·
Registered
2022 general XP on the way
471 Posts
On my 20 deluxe I had I put a rigid side shooter off the center roof mount (2 screws on back of cab by roof). Wired it from the pulse bar to a switch in the dash to the light (wires through cage as much as possible). That light was FANTASTIC!!! It lit up the box and a 15'-20' half circle around the rear of the machine. I plan on the exact same setup on my new 22...

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 General Deluxe Ride Command
80 Posts
I recommend some Amazon side shooter lights. 180 degree span. Make sure to purchase IP 68 quality or IP69. This is the waterproof of LED lights. They are not expensive

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
I recommend some Amazon side shooter lights. 180 degree span. Make sure to purchase IP 68 quality or IP69. This is the waterproof of LED lights. They are not expensive
Can you show of the installation area? Thinking about adding some rears to our 2019 but the roof is hindering o good mount location.

Sent from my IN2019 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
Can you show of the installation area? Thinking about adding some rears to our 2019 but the roof is hindering o good mount location.

See post #13 above and click on his picture.

·
Registered
46 Posts
See post #13 above and click on his picture.
I did that, but it's not entirely clear where and how the are mounted. Was looking for where the bolt went through. If he fabbed something up or if the are attached to that style roof.

·
Registered
172 Posts
This is what I did. They work well.

·
Registered
2021 G4 XP Deluxe
74 Posts
This is what I did. They work well.

Seems like I am searching for the impossible in finding rear lights that fit under the roof line in each corner where they look like they "should" go. I am looking to light up the bed area primarily which is looks like the lights you have chosen will however, I am also wanting at least a reasonable about of illumination behind the vehicle for backing around in the dark. Do you find these lights to meet that criteria??

·
Premium Member
(Ordered) General XP 4 1000 Factory Edition
270 Posts
Seems like I am searching for the impossible in finding rear lights that fit under the roof line in each corner where they look like they "should" go. I am looking to light up the bed area primarily which is looks like the lights you have chosen will however, I am also wanting at least a reasonable about of illumination behind the vehicle for backing around in the dark. Do you find these lights to meet that criteria??
Amazon has several that fit, under the roof line, low profile that provide a lot of illumination, LED.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts