Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I would highly recommend anything from Fenix company out of Ohio, they are a public safety company and their lights are super bright (not cheap but super bright). I put lights on each side of the roof in the rear where the knock outs are. The lights are Red/White LEDs, I have them set up so that the red come on when I hit the brake, white comes on when I put it in reverse or flip a switch on the dash. The lights are super bright and low profile. each light was $75, but they are worth it. Any light you choose is easy to hook up so that it comes on when you put it in reverse.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I would highly recommend anything from Fenix company out of Ohio, they are a public safety company and their lights are super bright (not cheap but super bright). I put lights on each side of the roof in the rear where the knock outs are. The lights are Red/White LEDs, I have them set up so that the red come on when I hit the brake, white comes on when I put it in reverse or flip a switch on the dash. The lights are super bright and low profile. each light was $75, but they are worth it. Any light you choose is easy to hook up so that it comes on when you put it in reverse.

Can you post a pic of them?

Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Anyone installed a light in the center of roof on the rear using the screws that hold the top on and if so, any suggestions on a light and mount that will work for this spot?

I’ve used those holes for relocating the back up camera on my ride command. Would probably be easy to adapt to mount a light bar. Good idea!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That’s a great idea. I really like that they are a multi purpose light (brake, reverse, work). I will definitely check those out and thanks for the tip. If you have a sketch up of how all that was wired, I’d love to see it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’ve used those holes for relocating the back up camera on my ride command. Would probably be easy to adapt to mount a light bar. Good idea!

Thanks! And that’s cool you used it for relocating your back up camera. I hope to find the right combo of mount and light to able to mount something there

·
Registered
35 Posts
So I have been playing around with a design here for the past half hour. I used a SR-M Rigid light, SKU: 902513, as a very loose template. I was able to come up with this:

I might print this out and check tolerances, etc. Not sure if this bracket is worth making if people are looking for an option to mount stuff. Let me know if this is something you were looking for or any changes you would make.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I have been playing around with a design here for the past half hour. I used a SR-M Rigid light, SKU: 902513, as a very loose template. I was able to come up with this:

I might print this out and check tolerances, etc. Not sure if this bracket is worth making if people are looking for an option to mount stuff. Let me know if this is something you were looking for or any changes you would make.
I really like that! That’s look like it would work for mounting cubes to the back of the roof! Nice!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Anyone installed a light in the center of roof on the rear using the screws that hold the top on and if so, any suggestions on a light and mount that will work for this spot?

I made some custom brackets and mounted 2 led cubes on rear of the roof. They are bright as heck and the way I made the brackets they are not going anywhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts

i realize the post is aged but am wondering if you are still making this bracket?

·
Registered
325 Posts
I want to mount a light in the back using the 2 screws in the middle of roof. The cube brackets look more like they fit on the corners - unless i'm looking at them wrong.
It's a bolt hole, you can put them anywhere you like. There is nothing special about any of these brackets.

The biggest reason folks put the lights to the side is to allow them to spread to whatever you are loading or working on. Mine are actually angled a bit, as we load our general at night by our fishhouse. It's one of the few times I actually use the lights, as we hate attracting bugs in the summer time.

We use the center bolts to mount our license plate, and I ran a single LED up there to light it.

Good luck!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts