Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son took my 2020 General out for a 100 mile road ride, he got home and the [email protected] drivers rear CV boot is off again, retaining clip gone and all the grease is all over. I think the cv joint is ok, but I'm going to just replace the whole darn thing; inspect, clean, install new boot on the OEM one and keep it for a rear spare.

Are any of these $60-100 whole axles any good? I just need OEM quality? She has a tune but stock tires and suspension. Anyone have luck with the bargain axles? I also understand the 2020 are different than the 2017/18~ and older, is that correct? OEM part is: 1334076 ??

·
Registered
2020XP4
1,159 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I to am seeing the same information. I suppose I can figure it out once and for all by ordering one of the less $$$ ones and a new boot for my damaged one. When I have it off I can take exact measurements. I was kind of hoping someone had already done that and had some good ideas.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I to am seeing the same information. I suppose I can figure it out once and for all by ordering one of the less $$$ ones and a new boot for my damaged one. When I have it off I can take exact measurements. I was kind of hoping someone had already done that and had some good ideas.
They say the snap ring is in a different location so it will pop out. When i end up ordering a set im going to call one of the places direct and ask specifically about the rear axle snap ring depth measurement and compare it to what i have

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SuperATV Rhino Brand Stock Length Axle for Polaris General / 4 (2019+) - REAR ** compared to stock 2020 Polaris General Deluxe (Not XP) rear half-shaft axle.
New Axle is in, now looking for a boot to fix the old and keep as a spare.
They appear to be virtually identical, the Rhino is 2mm thicker shaft and the ends appear to be a bit beefier, which doesn't necessarily mean stronger or better due to build and metal quality; but they are and it is noticeably heavier, I didn't weigh but maybe a LB or so. When compressed they are identical in length. The boots on the Rhino are a the (harder) almost plastic feeling ones, not the super pliable rubber like the stock, but they have several baffles and move freely in all directions. Is the harder plastic more puncture resistant?? Who knows, but they are different.
Light Audio equipment Coil spring Bicycle part Auto part
Liquid Cosmetics Drinkware Household hardware Cylinder
Camera accessory Gas Auto part Cameras & optics Audio equipment Audio equipment Gas Auto part Technology Cable
Gas Auto part Metal Nickel Electrical supply
Nickel Engineering Gas Auto part Metal Product Gas Auto part Nickel Metal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts