Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like most people, I felt that the nearly straight down view of the rear camera wasn't very useful. I mainly use it to see what I might back into, not over, so it needed to face up quite a bit higher.

This morning, I designed, modeled, 3D printed then installed a set of shims. They help quite a bit. I'd have made them tilt the bracket more (these are 10mm), but the stock Torx screws aren't quite long enough. If I get longer ones, then I can tilt it even more, but for now, this is a great improvement!

You can see in the one photo that the screws do not sit flush on the bracket with the shims in place. Again, if they were longer, I'd simply sandwich the bracket between 2 shims and then the hardware would be squared up again. However, it's plenty secure the way it is.

Just thought I'd share. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Are you planning on selling your shims?

Thanks!

Tcubed

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure. I'd be happy to make you a set. Because I'm still doing a little testing, I'll send you a set of 4 for $12 including shipping. You can decide if you want to get longer screws to sandwich the bracket so they sit flush or use your existing ones and have them a bit off-kilter. Mine are like that and seem just fine.

These are made of PETG (same plastic that water bottles are made from).

Shoot me a PM if you'd like a set. Thanks!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nice looking parts. I can't wait to install them this weekend. Thank you for the quick turn around. I received them today.
Tcubed:geek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts