Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being a fan of anything with four wheels and goes fast, you can't beat 10,000 HP and 320 mph for fast and loud. Here are the pictures and videos I took at yesterdays rounds 1 & 2 of the Mile High Nations. If you have never been to an NHRA event, it is an experience to see, hear and feel. When 20,000 HP launch, you literally feel it.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/xcS8GVdXfpEDDJoz6

·
Super Moderator
4,116 Posts
I agree! something you should see at least once been to several and had a great time every time! also a great time when you can see the jet cars.

·
Registered
551 Posts
You had a day, very cool.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
An edit to my first post. It's the Mile High Nationals, not Mile High Nations...:frown2:

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Bobx2,

Well...you got it right!

We used to live about 8 miles as the crow flies from Bandimere Speedway. During the Top Fuel and Funny Car runs...we could hear them loud and clear when the windows were open to cool the house. It was something.

Wife and I were just talking about the Mile High Nationals and when they were held. Guess we know now!!!

So, looking to put a Top Fuel engine in your General?

Now here's a bit people may not know...and I didn't until reading it. You see those small fuel tanks on Top Fuel rails. And the HP they make. But take the RPM they're turning, the distance they travel and the time it takes to travel that distance. And once the light turns green to the finish line...that engine only turns some 330 revolutions. Like WOW!!! And the engine gets torn down and refurbished between rounds... WHEW!!!

Pirate

·
Registered
551 Posts
An edit to my first post. It's the Mile High Nationals, not Mile High Nations...:frown2:
Well .. You are from Colorado ..

·
Super Moderator
2,876 Posts
Nice!

Been a while since I've been to see NHRA, but use to do it regularly when they stopped at Rockingham, and Darlington. I was near the finish line at Rockingham, when John Force was the first funny car to break 300mph, so many years ago. Huge John Force fan since I was 15 years old, when I got his autograph at a Nascar vs. NHRA softball game, man that was a long time ago.

I miss those days, you were so close to the track at Rockingham, you could see the sweat beads on the driver's face. lol That's probably part of the reason they stop going there.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bobx2,

So, looking to put a Top Fuel engine in your General?

Pirate
Not anytime soon. At $40 per gallon for fuel, and about 20 gallons per mile, it would be an expensive day on the trails... :grin2:

·
Registered
551 Posts
Not anytime soon. At $40 per gallon for fuel, and about 20 gallons per mile, it would be an expensive day on the trails... :grin2:
I'll sponsor 1 pass. :wink2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts