Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got around to adding the full size spar tire on. Happy with the rack so far. Have not been able to take it out yet with the addons .
slowly getting the ride to how I want it.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
57 Posts
Finally got around to adding the full size spar tire on. Happy with the rack so far. Have not been able to take it out yet with the addons .
View attachment 73200
View attachment 73198
View attachment 73199
View attachment 73200
View attachment 73198
View attachment 73199
Looks good, here's my setup

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Great looking setup. Just checking to see if you have taken it out and tested the spare on the back yet and any feedback to share. That 30" tire looks big!

As an alternative, do you think someone could partially deflate the tire, use a ratchet tiedown to reduce diameter an inch or two, and squeeze it inside on one of the sides? RBO shows that inflated tire configuration as well on the Gen2 General rack (which looks like it is your Expedition rack w/out the gate) but its likely a full size 28".

Polaris® General Spare Tire Mount - RazorBack Offroad™
Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Vehicle

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great looking setup. Just checking to see if you have taken it out and tested the spare on the back yet and any feedback to share. That 30" tire looks big!

As an alternative, do you think someone could partially deflate the tire, use a ratchet tiedown to reduce diameter an inch or two, and squeeze it inside on one of the sides? RBO shows that inflated tire configuration as well on the Gen2 General rack (which looks like it is your Expedition rack w/out the gate) but its likely a full size 28".

Polaris® General Spare Tire Mount - RazorBack Offroad™
View attachment 73270
Westy39 may be of better help on how the 30" tire hold up on the back as I have not had a chance to take mine out yet.

Not sure about the deflating the tire idea. kind of defeats the purpose of a spare tire if its not usable right off the rack.

I have my tire mount set up so the tire gets compressed against the rear gate a bit in hopes it helps hold it more securely. time will tell if that’s a good idea or not.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks BlueDream. I apologize for the follow-up. Your original pics showed that your 30" spare is mounted outside and on the gate. Our you stating that you know have it mounted inside the bed on one of the sides, inflated, and that it fits in with the RBO Expedition rack with the gate closed? That is basically what I'm trying to understand if it works. I like your idea, if so, of compressing the tire inside against the gate for better storage.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks BlueDream. I apologize for the follow-up. Your original pics showed that your 30" spare is mounted outside and on the gate. Our you stating that you know have it mounted inside the bed on one of the sides, inflated, and that it fits in with the RBO Expedition rack with the gate closed? That is basically what I'm trying to understand if it works. I like your idea, if so, of compressing the tire inside against the gate for better storage.
O...I see what your saying...I think.

The tire mount I got for mine is for the RBO tailgate mounting. I wanted max bed space for other storage. That is why I went with the RBO expedition rack with the tail gate I can mount the tire too. see pictures at the top of the chain. Note sure if tire would fit in the bed way if they say only up to 29". that one inch extra may be the difference between having the tail gat open or not.

·
Registered
2019 rc
87 Posts
Would be really curious as to the long term effects on bedsides with large spare hanging on back of RBO rack! I really love the design and have had my finger on the Buy Now button many times. I carry so many Tools/Emergency items already, To the tune of about 150 lbs not including survival gear and coolers and worry about the dreaded bed spread all the time! Luckily I am currently able to distribute weight as to the heaviest of stuff rides up tight to front of the bed. If I had RBO I would have Roto fuel and water along with 30" spare which would concern me.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Westy39 may be of better help on how the 30" tire hold up on the back as I have not had a chance to take mine out yet.

Not sure about the deflating the tire idea. kind of defeats the purpose of a spare tire if its not usable right off the rack.

I have my tire mount set up so the tire gets compressed against the rear gate a bit in hopes it helps hold it more securely. time will tell if that’s a good idea or not.
I have not tried to place the tire inside, sorry!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Would be really curious as to the long term effects on bedsides with large spare hanging on back of RBO rack! I really love the design and have had my finger on the Buy Now button many times. I carry so many Tools/Emergency items already, To the tune of about 150 lbs not including survival gear and coolers and worry about the dreaded bed spread all the time! Luckily I am currently able to distribute weight as to the heaviest of stuff rides up tight to front of the bed. If I had RBO I would have Roto fuel and water along with 30" spare which would concern me.
Have had my RBO Expedition Rack since Oct 2020 and have ridden about 1000 miles with it on my 2021 General XP Deluxe. On certain rides, I also carry plenty of heavy gear in the bed (recovery gear, cooler, extra clothing, etc.) along with a roto pac of fuel on each side and the tire on the back. It seems I have had a slight bit of bed spread but not enough to really give it much thought. Bigger issue is the clips keep falling out of the tailgate handle (common problem) which is a pain and I sometimes have to bungee the tailgate to keep it from opening but the tailgate opening is not related to any bed spread issue as far as I can tell. I carry extra clips with me as they seem to drop out often. I don't carry the tire all the time, just when I'm going on longer, multi-day rides. Overall, I like it and would buy it again for my purposes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts